What a car.

Anything about BXs
maxgreenwood
BXpert

What a car.

Post by maxgreenwood »

Sorry for my absence, i've been over on the 'other side' for a few weeks.

I've just taken the BX out for a spin after a few weeks of driving the XM. Its tyres were looking a bit low so i took them to be pumped up. But could i just return straight home and get on with work i should be doing? Oh no.. :D
Took her for a proper spin to get her warmed up.

What a joy to drive! So involving. Feel close to the road, brakes sharp as anything so feel really safe. Its like a rocket (never tried a valver). I love the torque. And you can really throw it around. I'm in love again. But there my dilemma begins. I don't have room to keep both, or at least i can't justify it to myself.

Don't know what to do!

The XM is very good , I've had a couple of teething troubles with the auto transmission but a few tweaks and a couple of oil changes and it seems to be behaving rather well now.

Thinking about ebay for the BX but its got no MOT/NCT so i might see if i can get that 1st

I'll post it up here 1st though in case anyone is interested.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Magpi
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Magpi »

easy answer sell the XM

have recently been driving a XM and find the BX much more fun to drive
a lot cheaper to run and a lot lighter to drive

and a lot smoother on the suspention (both my BX and XM im driving were regassed at the same time)

now if only you get get more comfortable electric seats in a BX
SamWise
BXpert

Post by SamWise »

I preferred my XM. Both my cars were turbodiesels, and there was nothing to choose on motorway mpg (the BX was a bit better round town), the XM was way more comfortable, and had more presence, I thought. That said, I loved both.
1966 Triumph Herald convertible with big valve twin carb Spitfire head

1973 Bedford Panorama Elite II Bus

1994 2.1TD Citroen XM

1992 Citroen AX Echo 1.4D