Drivers Seat BX Estate

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
petros

Drivers Seat BX Estate

Post by petros »

I would very much appreciate it if anyone has a drivers seat which I could purchase. The seat I have has been giving trouble since I purchased and so recently I extracted it to find that the plastic pan which hold the shape of the seat has split.

I don't know if the pan can be repaired by ultrasonic plastic welding, maybe someone knows? :D
350ci muppet
Confirmed BX'er

Post by 350ci muppet »

drill some holes and rivet some tin over the split
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Petros if its JUST The seat base thats gone, they lift out once you have unclipped them, Im sure someone on here has a spare,. what model is it for etc.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Petros, the plastic bucket-base is the same, so far as I know, for all BX front seats. I've seen the backs of front seat frames twisted out of shape before now, but never seen damage to the base. Is the foam above it still in good shape?

I certainly have a spare, but they're not very postable items, leaving aside UK postal strikes.

Where are you?

In the meantime, if you don't carry front-seat passengers too often, why not swap over the base from the other front seat?
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.