NEC Classic Motor Show 2009

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

NEC Classic Motor Show 2009

Post by Tim Leech »

13-15th November

For the first time in about 15 years I expect, a BX will be on a stand as the CCC are putting the GT on theirs for the Classic Car Show, normally quite pricey but a good day out (just take sandwiches :lol: )

Anyone thinking of attending please come and say hello at the stand as I will be there for the full 3 days :lol: :shock:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

There will be some VERY special Citroens this year - Citroen are bringing over some prototypes from Paris!
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Aye, I am aiming to attend on the Friday.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

More info:
For fans of Citroëns and ultra-rare classic cars, the 2009 Classic Motor Show will mark a British first thanks to a joint effort by the various Citroën car clubs attending, in conjunction with Citroën UK.

Not content with bringing along one or even two prototype cars, the Citroën Car Club, the 2CVGB club and the Traction Owners Club will be showing four models - three of which have not been seen before on British soil - to commemorate the 90th anniversary of the marque. These amazing vehicles are being brought to the UK from Citroën’s Conservatoire in Paris especially for the show.

The oldest and perhaps most familiar is a restored 1936 Citroën TPV or 2CV prototype, with a profile which will be instantly recognisable to anyone who has owned one of the famous twin-cylinder ‘tin snails’.

The same however, cannot be said of the 1956 C-10, a car nicknamed the ‘Coccinelle’ (or Beetle). This fantastically brave and futuristic teardrop design, which is thoroughly Dan Dare in its appearance, was designed to fit between the 2CV and the DS. Powered by a flat twin-cylinder engine, the C-10 featured hydropneumatic suspension and partial gullwing doors. It was axed in favour of a comparatively more conventional-looking car, the Ami 6.

Dating from the early sixties and looking like a blend of DS and Ami 6, the distinctive C-60 was again intended to fill the gap between the two models, as a fairly large car with a small engine to suit French taxation. It was abandoned due to spiralling development costs; the gap in the range was ultimately filled by the much later GS.

The final star making its debut is a prototype which led to the creation of the Citroën CX as a replacement for the DS - 1971’s Projet L. Drawing heavily from Pininfarina’s BLMC 1800 Aerodynamica proposal, the CX was the last Citroën to be styled by the great Robert Opron before he left the company.

Make sure you don’t miss the Classic Motor Show at the NEC between the 13th and 15th November 2009 to enjoy more rare marques getting their UK premiere. The show is packed with over 1,400 of Britain’s best classic cars and motorcycles as well as many other live events and attractions, including the Live Stage, Restoration Theatre and hundreds of trade stands selling more parts, spares and motoring paraphernalia than you could imagine.
I think I'll be there at some point over the weekend...
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Excellent, I didnt know they were bring those over, should be a good show then!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Yeah, should be good. As you say, pricey but this year there will be a lot of 'never seen before' classics. AND a beige BX. What's not to love? :D
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Bumhats, my weekend in work.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

This time is upon us, the GT is now fixed and shiny, anyone off here coming, I know its expensive but if you make a day of it theres lots to see.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I will Hopefully be there on the Saturday or/and Sunday.

I have a long list of things to look for at the autojumble... although none of it is Citroen related :?
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I'm definitely there on Saturday, but I'll be very busy so may not have a huge amount of time to linger in Citroen Wonderland. Bumhats.
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

Tickets Booked! ^^ ^^
bexxy
Confirmed BX'er

Nec. classic car show..

Post by bexxy »

I will be popping down on sunday so will make a bee-line for the citroen stand... :D :D
2010 Berlingo 1.6 hdi (15000 miles
2009 107 silver 5dr (9k)
2006 C15 Rouge , windows all round (27k )
3 Honda C90 cubs ( 24miles, 400miles, 10k)
2010 Suzuki van van 125 (172 miles )
Raleigh Bomber pushbike
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Great stuff mate, its a great stand this year with the 4 prototypes, I have come to the conclusion Nigel Wild is mad as a box of frogs but you cant knock his dedication to the cause!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Roverman wrote:Great stuff mate, its a great stand this year with the 4 prototypes, I have come to the conclusion Nigel Wild is mad as a box of frogs but you cant knock his dedication to the cause!
Anyone who has a church full of old Citroens is clearly not entirely sane. He's a great chap!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Dollywobbler wrote:
Roverman wrote:Great stuff mate, its a great stand this year with the 4 prototypes, I have come to the conclusion Nigel Wild is mad as a box of frogs but you cant knock his dedication to the cause!
Anyone who has a church full of old Citroens is clearly not entirely sane. He's a great chap!
A church? lol and who said Citroen enthusiasts arent eccentric!