doing the miles

Anything about BXs
B-Hive
BXpert

doing the miles

Post by B-Hive »

A great thing about traveling in Australia is the vast distances between places, and the relative speed these distances can be covered.

I haven't touched based with the forum for ages so thought I'd relate briefly my stress free recent 4200km (2600mile) Canberra to Queensland (and return) journey in the 16 Mk1

This road trip was set out with the confidence that it deserved, as I knew my ride and knew she was up to it without trepidation.

So yeah, in a week I thundered up the east coast to sunny Queensland with as much if not more confidence than that of a jap/korean buzz box driver. I was rewarded by floating serene comfort, an experience not just a trip, and great economy. Sure, when faced with a decent incline the old 1.6 auto struggled and/or was percussive, but all was forgiven on the remaining 98% of the distance, as even without the stereo on, there was a soundtrack playing, and a sense that I was being filmed.

Its at these times that I forget and forgive this ancient ol' girls misgivings and frequent Exon Valdez moments.

As well there were many remarks and compliments that she stood proud and stylishly next to wheels that were 20 years her junior. I guess its all in the genes. Something the pewgot influence cannot effect..

I think I have a somewhat privileged BX ownership here, but wish to impart to my more Northern cohorts my respect and admiration for all their efforts and endeavors.
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

With a slight modification:

Post by Mike E (uk) »

A great thing about traveling in France is the vast distances between places, and the relative speed these distances can be covered.

I haven't touched based with the forum for ages so thought I'd relate briefly my stress free recent 3000 mile Calais to Calais journey in the 16V Mk11

This road trip was set out with the confidence that it deserved, as I knew my ride and knew she was up to it without trepidation.

So yeah, in about week I had thundered up the east coast to sunny Pas-de-Calais with as much if not more confidence than that of a jap/korean buzz box driver. I was rewarded by floating serene comfort, an experience not just a trip, and great economy.

When faced with a decent Alpine incline the old 16V never struggled and/or was percussive, as even without the stereo on, there was a soundtrack playing, and a sense that I was being filmed.

Its at these times that I forget and forgive this ancient ol' girls misgivings and frequent Exon Valdez moments.

As well there were many remarks and compliments that she stood proud and stylishly next to wheels that were 20 years her junior. I guess its all in the genes. Something the peugeot influence cannot effect..

I think I had a somewhat privileged BX ownership there, but wish to impart to all my cohorts my respect and admiration for all their efforts and endeavors.

:D looks like we both had a similar experience.
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!