FS 1992 TZD Turbo

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Will2cv

FS 1992 TZD Turbo

Post by Will2cv »

Hello

Its with more than a tinge of regret that I am putting my BX up for sale:

1992 J reg TZD turbo in Black.
180k, excellent engine and box. It's never let me down and goes like stink. Uses little oil and no water, oil and filter changed religiously every 6k miles. Since I've had the car its had new rear arm bearings, clutch, ball joints, driveshafts and seals, discs & pads, rear height corrector, spheres incl accumulator, f-r fuel pipes and coolant and lhm changes. Has towbar and sunroof wind deflector too.

Running 16v alloys with good 185's on - fronts only a couple of thousand miles old. Suspension all good - no leaks or groans.

All electrics work incl all dash bulbs, heater/blower controls and even the remote locking plip and fog lights.

Body pretty good - NO rust in a-pillar door hinge mounts, good sills and arches. Only rust to note - some ususal BX boot floor grot and some round the sunroof opening, but it still works and doesn't leak!

Bad points - slight blow from the rear exhust silencer but not noticable from in the car. Bit of an occasional clonk from nsf suspension, probably a drop link beginning to let go. Occasionally sticky contacts in ignintion switch, sometimes needs a couple of key turns to get it to turn over. This is not the starter motor solenoid - i've tested it!
Usual knocks, scrapes and bits of trim hanging off but it polishes up well.

MOT until April 2010. £350.
Location St Ives, Cambridgeshire

Photos to follow shortly!

Will
'92 BX TZD Turbo, 2cv Beachcomber, '79 2CV6, '74 AZU250 Belgian PO
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

I'd be very interested in seeing some pictures of this car.... Black TZD with speedlines sounds very nice!
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

Hi Will,
Does it still look much like this http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... ght=#57425 ?

I knew i remembered a black TZD from Cambs. How long have you owned it? I am very interested in finding out lots more about this car.....

Thanks,
Rob
P.S my dad used to have a Belgian PO van but think it was an AK400.
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

That'd be the one. I haven't seen it myself since last year, when I enjoyed a very comfortable passenger trip back from the NEC in it!
Will2cv

Post by Will2cv »

Hi Rob

Yep that's the one! It has inevitably picked up a bit more wear and tear since those pics were taken but with a weekend's tlc would clean up to look not far off it again!

I've owned the car for seven years and its never left me stranded. Ive tried to keep on top of things as and when they occur, but i'm finding less and less time these days to do that :-(

I'll post some up to date pics tomorrow when its light and hopefully not raining.

Yes I think the Belgian PO ordered 400's as well as 250's in the '70's, I've seen a couple at meetings.

Will
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

Sold to me! I'm picking it up at the weekend and can't wait.
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well done! Let us know how it goes. 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

Will do! I'm looking forward to something a bit fun. Going to keep the TGD for the time being too.
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
Will2cv

Post by Will2cv »

I'm going to cry when this one leaves but I'm glad it is going to a good home and I wish Rob many happy miles!

I'll no doubt return to BX ownership when funds and space allow.
rob-81
BXpert

Post by rob-81 »

I got it home an hour or so ago. What a great car - I love BX TD's! I'm looking forward to giving it a good clean in the morning. Thanks Will - it'll be well looked after!
Rob
19 TGD estate
17 TZD Turbo hatch
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Glad to see its staying in the family. You can look at mine longingly if it helps Will. Or maybe Matt's...