Some bits (RIP TXD)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tourist
BXpert

Some bits (RIP TXD)

Post by Tourist »

So the TXD is gone (rest in pieces) and I have some bits that were never used to repair it, these are a reconditioned alternator for the turbo diesel models without air con (may be the same as other models, unsure) and a KKK turbo which I was told is in working order.

Open to offers? Really I want £30 for the alternator as that's what it cost (then there was delivery) and it was never taken out of the box. Turbo obviously is not worth much ...

Thought I would share some pictures aswell, here's the car the day after it was taken away. I wonder if it's in pieces yet ...

Piece of sh*t really, you couldn't ask for what was sort-of an 18th birthday present ... glad it's gone.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A sad and salutory experience. I'm glad you're shot of it, and I hope in time you'll be able to put it behind you and not regard all BXs or indeed all BXers in the same light! Take care, James.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

James did you take the lights out of it as they just unclip? It had 4 good tyres on it too!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

Hi Phil I'm glad that it's gone, and I don't regard all BXs the same but I do now know that they're more work than I relised at first ... Tim the tyres weren't that good and one was flat, I wouldn't have the space to keep them anyway ... :)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Did you take the front mudflaps off? I would find a home for them.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....