16v for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
douglas851
Confirmed BX'er

16v for sale

Post by douglas851 »

I have too many cars.

I have no undercover storage so I have concluded that the 16v is the one to go as it is the one less suited for an outdoor life.

As you probably know it is the one Kitch had. It has an MoT until August and taxed until end of February.

In time honoured fashion I will list the good points followed by the less good points.

Good;
Brand new headlights, coil, battery, discs and pads all round, rear spheres, and both hand brake cables.
No rust holes, some surface rust. Pretty solid underneath.
93000 miles, old MOTs to support this.

Not so good;
Slight water leak from water pump shaft.
Probably needs a new cambelt, no idea when it was done last
Pipe connection into accumulator weeping, nipping it up reduced it considerably.
Speedo not working.
Heater temp control stiff.
Radio front missing
Glove box hinges broken
Tempremental when warm, fine cold or hot.
Normal red colour panel mismatching.
ABS front left hand sensor replaced by a 1k resistor so the ABS light goes out at the right time.

I am asking £800 for it, and for another £100 will add in 4 silver Speedlines fitted with almost new 185/60 Avon ZV3s and all the spares I have.

Note - these are the spare wheels

There are more pictures available that I can send to interested parties.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

For the next owner (getting deja-vou here...that's probably spelt wrong) I have the grille and badges for the bonnet still sitting in my garage.

I think it's such a shame this car keeps changing hands. It really is a good one underneath, all it needs is the body sorting out, plus a couple of tit bits. No more than I've had to do on my own car really.

The water pump and cambelt can be done in one go. Not too bad a job either, I've done a few now.
Pipe needs a new seal no doubt...again pretty easy.
Speedo is probably the cable or head. Common fault.
Heater control cables could do with some grease.
Radio front the previous owner was going to forward on to me but never did. No big loss, it's not a great stereo or anything.
The glovebox is common, although was fine when I had it so it's only just let go.
Tempremental running will be easy enough to sort with some tweaking and fettling.

If anyone from here does go for it (though I suspect theres more chance of the government suddenly saying they were making up climate change for fun - it's not a diesel, or shiney) and sticks with it, I'll happily donate all the free time I can to help out.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
douglas851
Confirmed BX'er

Post by douglas851 »

As Kitch says, at the moment it only needs a few comparatively minor jobs done for it to be a really nice car.

However, what it really needs is a home in a dry garage. There is no major rust on it but I can see that in a years time the rust that is present may have progressed to something more serious.

Hopefully someone can give it the home it deserves.

Needless to say I have spent more on it than I am asking.
bx16soupapes

Post by bx16soupapes »

sold ?
douglas851
Confirmed BX'er

Post by douglas851 »

Not sold yet, and only 4 hours from Belgium
douglas851
Confirmed BX'er

Post by douglas851 »

An update, I have fixed the hydraulic leaks, one needed a new seal and the other was just a loose nut....also the water leak seems to have been sorted with the addition of Bars Seal.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

As a thought, the only time i used rad weld stop leak stuff on a BX 16v it blocked the waterways and killed the head gasket, so i would get it out asap personally.

Im very tempted by this car, open to offers at all on your price?
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
CoolMaN®

Post by CoolMaN® »

Hello,
Do you sell just the front and rear bumper?
douglas851
Confirmed BX'er

Post by douglas851 »

I have had a deposit from a guy in Ireland who is picking it up the weekend after next.
He has already booked it in for a full respray.
He had one twenty years ago, sold it and has spent the last few years looking for another one. They are even more rare in Ireland.
And, most important, he has a warm dry garage to keep it in.

Douglas
macplaxton
BXpert

Post by macplaxton »

douglas851 wrote:I have had a deposit from a guy in Ireland who is picking it up the weekend after next.
He must have bottomless pockets! :shock:

Correctly registering a car like that will cost €720 VRT and then Motor Tax of €614 per year, for at least another ten years.* (Obviously I'm referring to Ireland and not Northern Ireland)

Or possibly it will end up knocking around like this one on UK plates. Great, until the Customs catch up.

That's why I go round in a GS, I simply couldn't afford anything newer. ;)