White E-reg Gti 8v for sale/trade in Bristol

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DS Andy

White E-reg Gti 8v for sale/trade in Bristol

Post by DS Andy »

I have decided the 8v is too thirsty for my daily drive, and am going to get a BX/ZX/Xsara diesel once I find one at the right price.

As a result, I am offering up the White Gti to the forum, in case anyone wants it.

Good points
- new Valeo radiator
- new alternator & battery
- no serious rot in the usual places - there's some surface rust and bubbles on the doors - I'll post some pics of the panels etc.
- injectors cleaned/reconditioned, one replaced
- pedal box repaired and cam belt changed in last 15,000miles
- new windscreen
- new-ish brakes all round, ABS works great

Bad points
- uneven running caused by either the air flow meter or the vacuum advance (though this hasn't prevented a 250mile 'round trip to Essex for Xmas or daily use, it's more of a nuisance as it is not as smooth idling or decellerating as it should be) Air flow meter is definitely worn, and would be my first option to replace. I think Alfas and Cavaliers have the same type fitted.
- small fag burn in front seat, previous owner must have nearly burnt his family jewels, judging by the burn mark!!
- sunroof leak. I have sealed with mastic because the drip tray has rusted through.
- central locking plip doesn't work properly. It does work occassionally but I just use the key.
- drivers window is scratched - but not serious.
- drivers side headlamp needs replacing - Glass has delaminated from the casing which I have repaired with mastic-type adhesive and gaffer tape. It's secure but not MOT standard.
- driveshaft gaiter and exhaust clamp need replacing - I have the parts, and may fit these if I get a few hours spare.
- creaky passenger side strut - have tried the fixes on the forum with a bit of improvement, haven't tried the miracle elixir Hydraflush yet.
- n/s wing is scratched, and the bumper cracked, due to a low speed bump by the prvious owner. I have a good spare white wing if required.

There's probably more to list, which I will add with photos. It's not a terrible car, by any means. It's comfortable and quick still, and the engine is just under the 100,000 mile mark, not using any oil or coolant. I have a few small spares - HP pump, wiper motor, interior lights, wing mirror which are also available.

If anyone on here wants it or more information, PM me, as I am open to offers. If no-one does, I will get a new MOT on it, and probably put it on ebay with a low reserve. MOT expires 1st Feb. Tax is end of Feb IIRC.

And if anyone has a diesel BX or ZX or Xsara they want to sell or even px or swop, please let me know. I am not fussed if it is a TD or not.

My car is in Bristol, UK.

Andy
Citroen D Super 5 LHD 1974
Citroen AZU 250 1974 - ex Belgian PO 4-seater van
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

86 so an early one, any pics?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
DS Andy

Post by DS Andy »

It's an E-reg, 1987, so not a phase 1 - sorry. My profile is wrong!

I'll get some pics tomorrow, weather permitting.

Andy
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Not a 'Mark 1' BX but and early Mark 2: And certainly a Phase 1 GTi. I had a couple. Facelifted Phase 2 GTi's (and all BXs) came out in 1990.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

P1 GTi 8 or 16v are very rare nowadays and starting to fetch a good price, take the one that Frugg sold not long ago, which was an auto with nice miles and fetched £1000? didnt it.

I have a correct set of wheel trims for one these too. :wink:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Last time I saw this car it looked very tidy.
Albeit I didn't see it for long as I was, er, late for work, in the valver, and had the go pedal mashed through the floor, but it looked quite tidy as I whisked past!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
DS Andy

Post by DS Andy »

Pics available here:

http://andrewstvnsn414137.tinysites.com

I'll put more up of the engine bay etc, if desired.

It's on steelies, with 4 budget tyres, plenty of tread left on them. It has 4 wheel trims, too!

Despite its faults, it's a good car with plenty of life left in it. I just want something cheaper on fuel for everyday, and to spend my precious time on getting the D-Super 5 up to scratch instead of the BX. PM with offers, if you are interested. Viewing/test drives can be arranged for evenings or weekends.

If anyone's got a nice diesel for sale, I have cash waiting!!!!!

Thanks

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats would clean up a treat! just get those stickers off it and give it a good valet!