16v engine loom wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
24seven

16v engine loom wanted

Post by 24seven »

I'm after an unfettled 16v engine loom from either the motronic 4.1 (2 row pins, no knock sensor) or 3.1 (3 row pins, with knock sensor). the loom I'm currently using is suspect and I want to try another.

Thanks,
Guy
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

where abouts are you, and how much are you looking to pay? I might know someone with a spare.
24seven

Post by 24seven »

I'm frequently between Swansea & Llandudno, both in Wales. To be honest I've no idea what they're worth, my only guage being that I've seen bespoke 205-Mi16 conversion looms sell for around £70 in the past, so I wouldn't pay more than around £25 for one.
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

To be honest I've no idea what they're worth, my only guage being that I've seen bespoke 205-Mi16 conversion looms sell for around £70 in the past
That would be £70 plus your old loom in exchange.

I am slightly puzzled why you want either 2 or 3 row as they are obvoiusly not compatible, unless you are going to undertake some seroius wiring loom revisions, and are familiar with the pin out diagrams for the Motronic 4.1 and 3.1 ECU's.

I think your going to stuggle to find one of the looms for £25, so good luck.
24seven

Post by 24seven »

I already have both a 2 row and 3 row ECU to use, so for the sake of covenience I'll take either loom, even though the 3 row is technically better.

What would be a more realistic price for a loom?