HP Pump II

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Linegeist
BXpert

HP Pump II

Post by Linegeist »

I'd like to try and do an HP Pump stripdown and refurb on the bench, with pics and a narrative for posting on here. To do this I need an old, preferably knackered, HP Pump (Forgive me if I state the obvious. It's a German trait according to my wife :oops: )

If anyone has a BX pump that would fit the bill, I'll happily pay any postage costs. In the (fairly unlikely event) that my first ever stripdown-'n-rebuild-on-film of this beast is a roaring success, then the donor will also get their (working) pump back by return for the cost only of the refurb parts (I'll pay return postage).

Any victi .... sorry - takers?

Bob :wink:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hey, Tim - you've got a few BXs knocking about... :lol: :wink:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Hey Bob, I've got one here - in The Fatherland. It looks as though it's been around since the 'conflaguration' anyway but perhaps it's a bit too far gone? Post would probably be too expensive though to make it economical but if you want to come on a sentimental journey? You can sail all the way down the Rhine to us practically from The North Sea. Yes I know, I'm full of great ideas! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Hey, Tim - you've got a few BXs knocking about... :lol: :wink:
Indeed I do and one of the pumps is very tired but at the moment it still works, Aerodynamica has an old pump I think, the one I sent him ages ago?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

toddao wrote:Hey Bob, I've got one here - in The Fatherland. It looks as though it's been around since the 'conflaguration' anyway but perhaps it's a bit too far gone? Post would probably be too expensive though to make it economical but if you want to come on a sentimental journey? You can sail all the way down the Rhine to us practically from The North Sea. Yes I know, I'm full of great ideas! :D
Hi Todd, I had idly wondered whereabouts you were ............ nosey beggar that I am!

I'm from the grimy North - Iserlohn in Nordrhein Westfalen ..... the bit near where your lot did all that dam-stamping and railway-bending a few years back in that 'conflaguration' as you so delicately put it. :lol: (Don't forget we wuz runners-up) 8)

I pop 'home' fairly often to visit family, but it'd be a long haul to your posh part of the world, up there on the border - even if it did involve a free pump. :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

From memory the postage is about £8 on one of these I think so quite reasonable.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I thought you were French, Bob!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

scarecrow wrote:I thought you were French, Bob!
That's fighting talk that is! :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Bob confessed
Don't forget we wuz runners-up
I thought the 'faithful' had headed off to Brazil? Doesn't quite have the same ring does it? - 'The Boys from Anglesey' ( Photoshop job Phil?) Do you resemble any of these fellows then Bob? :D

Todd

Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

:shock: :D :D :D

French???? :shock: Now come on chaps! I eat garlic and onions and swill Rioja like an open drain - but it doesn't make me Spanish. :? I happened to live near Versailles for 3 years when I was working there, that's all. :wink:

Next time I let slip personal details on here, can someone please remind to keep my klappe shut? :P

(Tsk! Respect eh? Kids of today, etc, etc <Harrumph!!><grump><grump>)

Retards
Herman

PS: My Vati was Kriegsmarine, so no baggage in my family. :wink:
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Ahh well -my favourite way to greet a Scotsman is to say, "are you Welsh?"

In fact that one seems to work for most accents.

Bob, What colour is your Break?
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

I have a knackered pump you are welcome to play with, and can even get it to Anglesea, but it will be about a month before I manage to retrieve it.

Any use?
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

Great responses gents - thank you. I'll collate them as soon as I analyse all the kind offers and figure out which is the most suitable/least hassle.

This project is looking good so far.
scarecrow wrote:Bob, What colour is your Break?

Don't be deceived by the apparently gleaming appearance here. She's a showoff. :?
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

You can't be serious about scrapping that Bob!? It looks great and that is the best colour I think.
Todd

Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

<Sigh......> :( I get the feeling the forum's just given me a virtual shoeing........... :shock:

Herself has now joined in and told me I'm certifiable :shock: and to wait until MOT time before I make any drastic decisions. As the Break's MOT'd until September and the Athena October, she reckons I can hedge my bets and see what happens when I bung the Athena in a month early. ........

Any further decisions I make will be carried out under cover of darkness, in full camouflage and in total silence. :P :P :P

Bunch o' power freaks! :lol: