Looking for Parts

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Annette

Looking for Parts

Post by Annette »

WANTED: Front Seats for BX F Reg, also can anyone help with a spare (mechanic calls it a) Accumulator valve/Collector valve??

Citroen garage calls it a Circuit breaker. It's the piece bolted to the front of gearbox above front centre sphere. Somerset.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

You mean, Regulator valve?

What makes them think it needs a new one?
They think it's all over, it is now!
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Hi, have got a spare if you are sure it is what you need. contact me via pm if you need more info
regards Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Annette

Post by Annette »

ken newbold wrote:You mean, Regulator valve?

What makes them think it needs a new one?
Hydraulics at front not working properly - very bumpy ride! Looking at the front, centre sphere as a culprit. Mechanic said that the regulator was covered in muck (LHM etc.) would likely need replacing. I'm not very technical with cars, just love driving her. I've asked the mechanic to change that sphere and see if that makes a difference - susspension at front is very hard.

Thanks for replying
Annette

Post by Annette »

Mike E (uk) wrote:Hi, have got a spare if you are sure it is what you need. contact me via pm if you need more info
regards Mike
Thanks Mike, Martha (my BX!!) is going to the garage on Monday to have the front centre sphere changed - hopefully that will do the trick, but the mechanic thinks it maybe the regulator,accumulator, collector thingummy jig. Love my Citroen, but sadly not very technical!

Annette
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If its got a bumpy ride it sounds to me like the two front spheres are the culprit OR the ride heights too low maybe?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i ccertainly would not take it to that garage, as they obviously dont have a clue regarding citroen hydraulics,

were abouts are you

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

As stated above /\ it's almost certainly not the front centre sphere, if you're lucky it'll be be two front spheres.

It sounds like your garage is going to cost you money for nothing.
They think it's all over, it is now!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Re: Looking for Parts

Post by DavidRutherford »

Annette wrote: Somerset.
If you'd like to know what's actually wrong with your car rather than the utter tripe and waffle that you appear to have had so far, give me a PM. I suspect I'm not very far from you at all.

Front centre sphere is the accumulator, and has little or no effect on the ride comfort. It could be dead flat, and the front suspension will still be soft, as it's the two spheres either side of your engine bay that do the front suspension.

Either way, do not spend cash out on a "it might be this" diagnosis. If they are a Citroen garage, they should know, not guess.
this might be a signature
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Should you need seats, a pressure regulator, or decent (used but good) front sphere's then I have plenty in stock, all of which is destined for the tip otherwise.

Dependant on trim spec I may even have the correct seats, if not, I can give you a complete interior with matching door cards of several flavors.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...