TYRES!

BX Tech talk
tim leech

TYRES!

Post by tim leech »

Hi guys,

I have recently fitted a set of 185/60x14 wheels and tyres (off a 8v Gti) to my 19TZD, the tyres are all rather shoddy but I can get a set of 4 new budgets for £90inc fitted at work, or for £100inc I can get 195/60x 14s same as those fitted to a 16v, I know they fit under the wheelarches as my TXd has 16v wheels on it.

Will the bigger tyres be ok on the steel rims do you think, as its only one size up? for £10 extra it seems a bargain and make it look a bit more sporty lol and obviously grip better too!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Why?

What do you mean by shoddy? If they have a good amount of tread on, why not treat them to some tyre black if they're looking tired.

I don't understand this quest for more grip by going for budget wider tyres. This width to grip ratio has been argued on another thread. It doesn't necessarily follow that you will achieve more grip, unless they are like Continentals...

If it were me, I'd save my 100 quid, unless the tyres are bald.

Mark.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The ones on it are remoulds then 2 unknown brands! and are starting to crack, right mix and match!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Go to Costco in Derby Tim and pick up 4 brand new Michelins for not a lot more!
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tim, have a word with Ken by p.m. It`s possible he may be able to help you if you mention BX alloy wheels/tyres.
Vauxhall apologist.