Question on what interior plastic/trim & seats available

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
sdelasal
BXpert

Question on what interior plastic/trim & seats available

Post by sdelasal »

The interior trim/ dashboard and door card plastic on my new bx is of a pale blue/grey colour. The seats are the big soft sofa like items and could do with freshening up and I quite fancy replacing them with a set of the 'boy racer' body hugging variety. Now i have the offer of a set of suitable black flecked seats with matching door cards ....but the black clashes with the blue/grey me thinks... So, here my question ....what varieties of dash/plastic are out there ..? just black or blue/grey ...or more? Did cars with my colour interior ever come with the lower profile seats or am i wasting my time looking? If so, anyone got an unwanted set. Steve
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

What car do you have? If you want some sports seats, the ones for a Gti/TZD turbo or TXS/D will fit straight in, but as you mentioned you will have a two tone interior.

There are some sports seats out there in grey but they are rare as were only fitted to certain models.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

This is a 89 19RD estate - scarecrows old car! Will the back seat from a saloon drop straight into the estate?

Not sure I fancy two-tone interior ... Steve
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I wouldn't worry to much about the clashing tones. I've got nice comfy black GTI seats in my old estate and the rest is fetching grey nylon upholstered.
I think all the 'sports' seats came in dark colours and the more 'pastel' tones were for the grandad croozers, especially that tweed!
Or get some seat covers - I don't normally advocate but I found a complete Accessories Citroen set on Ebay and they nicely conceal the colour clash in the TRD ( proper Grandad croozer). :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

sdelasal wrote:This is a 89 19RD estate - scarecrows old car! Will the back seat from a saloon drop straight into the estate?

Not sure I fancy two-tone interior ... Steve
Yes estate and hatch rear seats are interchangeable from memory but the back rest doesn't have rubber strips on them as per the estate. Personally I like the knitted seats and find the grey interior nice and "airy" but each to their own.

As todd says you could get some black sports seats etc and put grey covers on them so they blend in.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Wasn't there a very rare grey coloured specced gti style interior seats fitted to some models?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Yes mate its called "Zenith" cloth, basically GTi seats in a plush grey striped velour, only fitted to 1991 onwards "TZ" cars so very hard to come by now. I had a spare set which I sold to a mate, dont think he wants to sell it on though sorry.