Wanted: Meteor Grey doors and panels

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Mike P
BXpert

Wanted: Meteor Grey doors and panels

Post by Mike P »

Afternoon all,

Having now bought Citro-Geoff's grey Phase 1 16V, I'm on the lookout for Meteor Grey (paint code EYY) doors, wings and bridge spoiler.

Does anybody have any available :?:

The car's existing doors have the thinner black rubber bump strips.

I'd also be interested in both bumpers as well, if somebody can confirm that the Phase 1 16V bumpers are the same as the later diesel's :?:

The paneling on the car is a little tired but acceptable, but I'm planning to eventually swap them all if possible.

Thanks,

Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Wanted: Meteor Grey doors and panels

Post by Tim Leech »

Mike P wrote:Afternoon all,

Having now bought Citro-Geoff's grey Phase 1 16V, I'm on the lookout for Meteor Grey (paint code EYY) doors, wings and bridge spoiler.

Does anybody have any available :?:

The car's existing doors have the thinner black rubber bump strips.

I'd also be interested in both bumpers as well, if somebody can confirm that the Phase 1 16V bumpers are the same as the later diesel's :?:

The paneling on the car is a little tired but acceptable, but I'm planning to eventually swap them all if possible.

Thanks,

Mike P.
Hi Mike

The bumpers on P1 16v are the same as most Mk2 BXs, accept for the fog lamp cut outs and front splitter, both of which are retro-fitable. The later ones were painted instead of coloured plastic.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Hi Tim,

I thought that was the case on the front bumper.

But can't remember on the rear bumper: is the 16V bumper slightly wider because of the rear arch extension pieces or do diffferent spec' Bx's have a step where the rear end of the arch joins the side return of the rear bumper :?:

Mike P.
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

Nope same rear bumper on them all until P2 came out. The bumper normally sticks proud of the wheelarch slightly but is flush on the valvers
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Thanks for that Jay, gives me more hope / options of finding one as they are more common than I remembered.

Anyway, back on subject: does anybody have any Meteor Grey panels :?:

Thanks,

Mike P.