wanted tzd front fog lights

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
sub777w
Confirmed BX'er

wanted tzd front fog lights

Post by sub777w »

any body got aset of front fog lights for tzd bx new or good secondhand cheers 07966203584
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

They are still available from Citroen (Bollingmores) - I was quoted £93.95 EACH ! Unity said they could get the same thing next day for around £50 each. Haven't tried gsf - I ended up buying a pair of something similar from Halfords for £26 the pair and modifying the housings to fit - it's not a nice mod though - it means drilling the foglight surrounds for a 4 bolt fixing and fitting hank bushes into the plastic in order to get some kind of height adjustment - unless anyone has a better suggestion which is quite likely :-)
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
sub777w
Confirmed BX'er

Post by sub777w »

electrokid wrote:They are still available from Citroen (Bollingmores) - I was quoted £93.95 EACH ! Unity said they could get the same thing next day for around £50 each. Haven't tried gsf - I ended up buying a pair of something similar from Halfords for £26 the pair and modifying the housings to fit - it's not a nice mod though - it means drilling the foglight surrounds for a 4 bolt fixing and fitting hank bushes into the plastic in order to get some kind of height adjustment - unless anyone has a better suggestion which is quite likely :-)
i did buy the same lighst from halfords today but mite take them back i noticed you got a quote for £50 each who was that please :D
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Unity Motors - I think they only have a few branches around here in the south - you might get a similar price from gsf - and you'll get 10% off through BXclub (thanks guys) - print out your 2010 membership card from

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8296

gsf are at

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

With the Halfords lights I drilled holes in the corners of the black surrounds and similar holes in the plastic pods on the BX. I squeezed hank bushes into the plastic and gave them extra strength with epoxy. I haven't set up the beams yet - I figure if it's difficult I'll put a spacer under the original holes to act as a fulchrum so they can 'rock' up and down a bit but tighten all the bolts in hopefully an ideal place. I used hank bushes rather than nuts because I figure it's difficult to stop them turning when tightening the screws at the front - not nice but hopefully it'll work.
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
sub777w
Confirmed BX'er

Post by sub777w »

electrokid wrote:Unity Motors - I think they only have a few branches around here in the south - you might get a similar price from gsf - and you'll get 10% off through BXclub (thanks guys) - print out your 2010 membership card from

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8296

gsf are at

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

With the Halfords lights I drilled holes in the corners of the black surrounds and similar holes in the plastic pods on the BX. I squeezed hank bushes into the plastic and gave them extra strength with epoxy. I haven't set up the beams yet - I figure if it's difficult I'll put a spacer under the original holes to act as a fulchrum so they can 'rock' up and down a bit but tighten all the bolts in hopefully an ideal place. I used hank bushes rather than nuts because I figure it's difficult to stop them turning when tightening the screws at the front - not nice but hopefully it'll work.
thanks mate for your advice :o
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

No probs :-)

I omitted to say that I glued the lens / reflector assembly to the black surrounds using silicone rubber, and I ditched the plastic backs as well - sealed the bulb area with non-corrosive silicone rubber making it hard to replace but hopefully no longer subject to rusting.
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
sub777w
Confirmed BX'er

Post by sub777w »

electrokid wrote:No probs :-)

I omitted to say that I glued the lens / reflector assembly to the black surrounds using silicone rubber, and I ditched the plastic backs as well - sealed the bulb area with non-corrosive silicone rubber making it hard to replace but hopefully no longer subject to rusting.
:lol: :lol: got in contact with gsf got cibi fogs they are acarbon copy of the real thing and got discount with being in the trade :lol:
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Excellent - it's good when a plan comes together :-)
2002 C5 HDi SX estate