URGENT - spares available for a short time only

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
electrokid
1K Away

URGENT - spares available for a short time only

Post by electrokid »

Hi Folks,

This car didn't sell on eBay and is currently being broken for spares...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

What is left will be disposed of THIS FRIDAY 16-7-2010

It's in Weybridge, Surrey - Contact ALEX on his mobile - 07788 720 318

If you are after something too large or too difficult to post, do the deal with Alex and let me know if you would like me to collect it and bring it to Gaydon on Sunday.

Bits missing so far...

Plastic intake manifold
HP pump
FDV
Acc sphere

If I can help out in any other way let me know - it's only a few miles from me.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Could really use the gearbox, however, :(

They are a really big heavy oily lump :(
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Have a chat with Alex re cost of removal / cost of gearbox - I'm happy to get it to Gaydon on Sunday - even at 180K he's confident the gearbox is fine.
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Edited to keep the peace but I still think it was a waste of a good car which may have found a home if done properly, how NOT To sell on ebay!
Last edited by Tim Leech on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Actually he's a very pleasant guy and know his BXs very well - he'd be a BXClub member by now if the page he'd got to during sign up hadn't asked him for his parent's permission to join :-) - the car was not looking its best so a pic probably wouldn't have sold it either despite the complete lack of visible rust - in fact almost complete lack of rust at all.

If I'd not been so busy at the moment I would have gone to see it before Monday and twisted his arm to put some pics on - but I didn't - and he didn't.

Doors, wings, gearbox, alloy wheels, etc still available at time of writing - some bits taken for his other BX.

I got the air intake for my heated air project and the HP pump and FDV for the pipe test rig I need to cobble to test the pipe for my HP pump monitor system. The acc sphere is going to keep yet another BX on the road.

He'll probably make 140 on spares despite them being very reasonably priced and another 120 on the weigh-in of what's left.

I'm picking up bits tomorrow morning and I'll be at Gaydon on Sunday and taking the bit's for those members who can't afford to live down south :lol: where we get a free BX sphere with every pound jar of caviar :-)

Any small items you want I'll bankroll / pay for and get the money off you at Gaydon or later - any more costly items sort it out with Alex but I'll still collect for you.
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Spares still available from the car include...

Alloys including wheelbolts and spare with spacers to accept the same bolts.

Radiator - version with built-in header tank.

Nearside front wing - no rust.

Front bumper - black with thin chrome trim.

I also have...

Pair of rear light units - saloon untinted.

And 6 wheeltrims as below - need a clean - all have mounting rings - I also have some extra mounting rings.

2002 C5 HDi SX estate
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Hi Brian,i never got chance to contact him but im interested in bumper,wheels and bolts + your wheeltrims.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Hi Richard,

Well it's a bit late - apart from anything else the car is already packed for tomorrow - the bumper and wheels are still at Alex's garage because we didn't know of your interest until now but I loaded the wheeltrims which are mine - not from the BX being scrapped.

I don't use a mobile so I'll need to find you or vice versa. I should be at Gaydon by 11.30 and I'll try to find / park near to the BX nest and find you as soon as I arrive if possible.

If that doesn't work I'll get back to my car (Venetian red estate J943 SBM) at 2pm and If I've still missed anyone I'll be just outside the entrance to the museum at 2.30pm - I'll be the one carrying a box !

If you'd like PM me with your mobile number - someone may be kind enough to 'phone you on my behalf :-)
2002 C5 HDi SX estate