Red front passenger door Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

Red front passenger door Wanted

Post by mat_fenwick »

After getting a nice shiny door from Mike E at the weekend (cheers Mike!) to replace the faded and slightly dented one on the car - the front passenger door looks even worse. It's faded and the paint has crazed, presumably down to a poor repair job years ago. It also has the only rust hole on the entire car. :(

Does anyone have a spare door in good condition - i.e. no rust in the seams, no dents, not too faded. I don't mind an odd few chips but would like it to last and look decent. Paint code is EJX.

I don't need any of the door contents; glass, motor, mirror etc. Is there only one door pressing or is it different dependant on the exterior trim fitted? (Narrow or wide).

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

As far has i have ever been able to tell, all doors are created equal, then the rubbing strip added later. Even the valver has a 'groove' in the door which could take a standard rubbing strip.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Vanny wrote:As far has i have ever been able to tell, all doors are created equal, then the rubbing strip added later. Even the valver has a 'groove' in the door which could take a standard rubbing strip.
Spot on there vanny, all doors are the same, the wider rubbing strip sits in the same grove as the thinner sort, fitted a new drivers door to my TZI not long ago, the door came from a TXD, swopped the trims over and voila!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

That's what I thought - would make sense from a manufacturing point of view. Just had a nagging doubt that there was a narrow or wide groove, Jay was also slightly doubtful whether the valver door I got from Mike would be OK with my trim but it's exactly the same underneath.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Think i was doubtful as i'm sure we'd had the conversation before on BXP and couldn't remember the outcome :roll:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Do you want me to ask Medway Citroen at the weekend? I'm sure they have a couple of scrappers. Bit far from Wales though, you'd need to arrange a courier.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

That would be great if you could please? And give an unbiased assessment/photos of the condition… It may all work out quite well, as I will be in Gillingham in a couple of weeks visiting relatives after our France holiday!

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad