1992 BX TXD FREE TO GOOD HOME!!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
alab
Confirmed BX'er

1992 BX TXD FREE TO GOOD HOME!!

Post by alab »

Hi guys, I have finally made up my mind and need to find a new home for my BX.

I found it through this forum last year, and mentioned it earlier this year when I thought about getting rid of it. It is the red one with the rust in the windscreen pillars.

Lots of nice pictures here
http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy188/alabphotos/BX/

Sorry for not adding pictures here, they are rather large and I cannot edit them as Photobucket doesn't work properly with Opera.

Photos taken last week.

Overall the car is excellent, it starts and runs beautifully and drives perfectly. 1.9D.

Most of the bodywork is excellent, as can be seen in the photos. The paint is a little faded, as usual. Rust around the windscreen is shown. One small dent in rear wing and crap paint on the rear spoiler. Small amount of rust on inner wing, again pictured.

Excellent hydraulics, spheres and rear arm bearings done last year so rides beautifully. Front struts were perfect in everyday use, they are now a little jerky as it has been sitting around since last December. And I have just remembered one of the front strut return pipes had split. It is too dark to see them at the moment though, I think the other pipes were ok, it never lost any LHM. The LHM is clean by the way.

Serviced last year. Low mileage, 116059.

Tyres ok, cheap but reasonable tread, I will check this tomorrow when it is light! No wheeltrims.

Interior very good, most electrics are working perfectly. The sunroof switch is a little sticky, and half of the dashboard illumination doesn't work. The washer pump for the rear windscreen does not work. The CD player works, but is crap quality and not wired in correctly so does not turn off with the ignition.

The exhaust is blowing which would need looking at for the MOT and the rust on the inner wing may also be a fail. Other than that I do not know of anything that it would need for an MOT.

So overall it is an excellent example of the BX, of the four I have had this is by far the best and if it wasn't for the rust around the windscreen this could be an outstanding car.

I simply don't need it anymore, and I don't have the time to do anything with it. It is such a waste to have it sitting here unused, so it has to go. I really do not want to scrap it, and I will not break it. If it doesn't get taken away by someone who will love it or make use of it I will be forced to scrap it as I need the space in the next couple of weeks! As much as I love hydraulic Citroens I have had about eight so far so it is time for something different!

Feel free to get in touch, alab.paris@hotmail.co.uk or PM through this website, although I always have trouble logging in, so best to email me direct. Or just reply to this!

Car is near Tonbridge in Kent. Like the subject says, free to a good home!!

Alastair 8)

PS If any of you would be kind enough to mention this on the Citroen Car Club forums, I would be very grateful. I am no longer a member, so can't access the forums.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats very generous, I expect Richard1162 will be sending you a PM as hes cornering the market on BXs! :lol:

Wouldnt mind it myself, but nowhere to put it plus ive got too many as is.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

You know me too well Tim,Pm sent.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail