ABS wiring loom required......

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kevin B
BXpert

ABS wiring loom required......

Post by Kevin B »

Hello fellow BXers.

I am in urgent need of the main ABS wiring loom, for a BX turbo diesel estate that I am working on returning to the road, (this was the BX estate with air conditioning advertised in Newbury a while back). I would even settle for just one of the ABS plugs (on the loom side) and a length of the coaxial wiring. So that I can repair the one I have, as it has a break in the main wiring loom inside the plug which connects to the NSF sensor, and it looks like getting to the wiring break will destroy the plastic moulded plug in the process.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation,

Kevin.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

How urgent is urgent mate?
I could extract an entire loom from a scrapper valver, BUT, there's another car sat on top of it, and several more between me and it.
It could take me a while to actually get at the car..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

Hello Chris,

I still have numerous other items to attend to on this vehicle in the mean time, such as welding in some new metal in the NSR sill, and some hydraulic pipe replacement.

So being realistic I reckon a month from now would be about right.

Alternatively do you know any other Citroen cars that would use the same style of plug and socket arrangements for the ABS wiring.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Dont know of anything similar TBH, but I'm sure it's a standard enough setup..

Should be able to get to the car inside a month, if so I'll remove the whole loom and post it to you.
Unless you're going to Startford, in which case I'll try and get it our before then..

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

My hands are free if you want some help with that little job Chris... :wink:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

could be a plan, especially if you want some bits off said thing whilst you're there!
wink wink and all that...

JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Well, whenever suits you dude.
I have zero patience for your tedium.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I *should* be about all next weekend...

Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

Should be able to get to the car inside a month, if so I'll remove the whole loom and post it to you.
Thanks Chris for your help, let me know how much cash I owe you, and send you a cheque.

Out of interest, would a Citroen XM have a similar plug and socket arrangement?
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I imagine the XM has similar, like I said, it's a pretty standard system..

That said I'll rip the complete harness out and post it on, no money required dude, it's not like I need it..

RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Kevin B wrote:

Thanks Chris for your help, let me know how much cash I owe you, and send you a cheque.

Out of interest, would a Citroën XM have a similar plug and socket arrangement?
docchevron wrote: I imagine the XM has similar, like I said, it's a pretty standard system......
Hi Kevin/Chris,

The plug/socket used on XM's ABS systems are completely different, they are also two different types Teve's (Blue in colour) and Bendix (Green in colour) also the plug/sockets are different between them too which make them incompatible between the two system types as used on the XM's .

The BX ABS system uses a co-axial type of wire with a round plug/socket (the XM wires are just a two core type encapsulated within the silicone rubber outer shield) and plugs are are oblong in shape rather than round too !

Possibly an early Pug fitted with ABS (i.e. 205/309/405) could have used the same plug/socket as the BX ABS system :roll: , anyone out-there which could confirm either way maybe ?

RxBX
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

I should be able to help you out with screened cable if what I have is the right stuff - 'RG59' with a single solid inner core - just PM me with your address and the length you need.
Last edited by electrokid on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I am pretty sure I can help you out. I have a GTi loom somewhere and am only 15 minutes north of Newbury too ....
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.