Maroon H plate saloon outside bike shop in Yate,Bristol

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
paulwitchard
BXpert

Maroon H plate saloon outside bike shop in Yate,Bristol

Post by paulwitchard »

On the way back to the UK yesterday with newly acquired 1.9TD estate ZX spotted a maroon H plate saloon parked outside the cycle shop in Station Road, Yate - the only one of the day between Yate and Dover.
This side of the channel it was too dark, and I was too knackered to notice!
Paul in Normandy - BX 1992 Millesme 1.9D, 1999 Peugeot 806 2.1 TD (the Bus) - gone bang on the M25, in a scrapyard somewhere in the SE of England, 1985 Visa Decouvrable, 1990 Land Rover 110TD (Great Uncle Bulgaria),1999 Isuzu Trooper, 1991 Hymer motorhome with Peugeot J5TD power, and a shedfull of mopeds!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Hi Paul,

You should have stopped by & said hi, as I was visiting my brother Nigel, who used to work there before you moved from Yate, but now owns the business. If you haven't already guessed, I'm Mike Sims, and you spotted my BX 14 which I bought a few weeks back after I broke the rear sub frame on the GS.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ahhh! so thats you then!
I went past in a bus... couldn't stop really, the punters would have beena bit pissed I think...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
paulwitchard
BXpert

Post by paulwitchard »

Hi Mike,
Thought it might be you or Nigel!
I take it the subframe breakage had nothing to do with the amount of stuff you usually cart around in the back of your cars! :lol:
Perhaps the Doc should engineer a breakdown at the nearby bus stop next time he sees you there!
Paul
Paul in Normandy - BX 1992 Millesme 1.9D, 1999 Peugeot 806 2.1 TD (the Bus) - gone bang on the M25, in a scrapyard somewhere in the SE of England, 1985 Visa Decouvrable, 1990 Land Rover 110TD (Great Uncle Bulgaria),1999 Isuzu Trooper, 1991 Hymer motorhome with Peugeot J5TD power, and a shedfull of mopeds!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

docchevron wrote:I went past in a bus... couldn't stop really, the punters would have beena bit pissed I think...
I wouldn't have minded, although I *may* have been in the minority.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

paulwitchard wrote:Hi Mike,
I take it the subframe breakage had nothing to do with the amount of stuff you usually cart around in the back of your cars! :lol:
Paul
I believe that the Veteran-Cycle club magazine back issues that I delivered to Brighton the previous weekend (stacked from the tailgate to the back of the front seats, and half way up the windows) 'may' have had something to do with it :wink: . Mind you, it does also show signs of corrosion in the area as parts of the frame along the edge of the crack is very thin. I'm collecting a new sub frame later this week (it'll just go in the back of the BX) on the way to a cycle rally, so I still haven't learnt my lesson :roll:

All the best
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!