Cast Aluminium A/C sump Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

Cast Aluminium A/C sump Wanted

Post by mat_fenwick »

I've just cracked mine this morning :cry:
Losing a steady drip of oil, and I've got a 400 mile round trip to do this weekend...

Does anyone have a spare please? Or know of one in a breakers? They may be the same as on a Xantia with A/C, not sure. Finned or smooth would suit.

Lets hope the JB Weld holds for the weekend!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Cross posted from BXP - but ask at Medway Citroen. They do hire out their ramp at the weekends too....
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

if you dont get another sump and your JB Weld does fail try quick steel as you can drill and tap it and use it in oily conditions even under water,i fixed a slit in my gear box houseing, after i lost a short allen bit whislt fitting a new clutch to my XANT, the flywheel found it and riped a slot in the houseing,

this has been like it for around two years now with no sign of a leak

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Thanks for the suggestions guys. My wife has pointed out to me they do a lot of aluminium TIG welding at her work, so I'll probably get them to weld it up. The JB Weld coupled with a stainless steel plate covered with sealant, zip tied into position slowed the leak but not completely.
No doubt if I took the sump off and cleaned it up an adhesive would work permanently, but if I'm taking it off I might as well get it welded for a few beers.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad