Wanted Turbo D BX

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Wanted Turbo D BX

Post by docchevron »

Ok, here's the rub.
Some of you know my mate Smiffy right?
Well, he has a Triton green TZD, that mechanically is pretty spot on.
Bodily it's, erm, shiny on top, big big empty space underneath. There is no floor, sills, or much of anything that you could call metal really.
The MoT expires this weekend, and I'll die of old age before I made that thing solid.
He rather likes BX's, he's also one of my very best friends, and is a bloody nice bloke.
He's also not rich, but had agreed on £300 for a BX TXD with 6 months tax and a brand new MoT obtained for it by me (not by return of post)..
Sadly the owner of that BX is being a dick.
So, since Smiffy likes BX's, and I'd rather he didn't end up with some German / Swedish / other crap has anyone got a BX with MoT for not a lot of wonga?
Oh, importantly he'd like a Turbo Diesel.
If you hear of owt this week, please let me know! Ta.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Oscar is selling Swampy?TZD?
Dont know how much though,Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
JayW
1K Away

Re: Wanted Turbo D BX

Post by JayW »

docchevron wrote: Some of you know my mate Smiffy right?
Name rings a bell... Vaguely... :wink:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Wanted Turbo D BX

Post by Tim Leech »

JayW wrote:
docchevron wrote: Some of you know my mate Smiffy right?
Name rings a bell... Vaguely... :wink:
haha yes, he told me didnt enjoy stratford that much as he had noone to cuddle up too Saturday night! :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Someone might have a BX that needs a couple of bits and pieces to make it MOTable or get it to run - and from this weekend, unfortunately, Smiffy's BX is going to be a donor car - it that a reasonable thought Doc ?
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Smiffy's car is only for parts mate.
Mechanically it's very up to scratch, but bodily it's an utter mess.
Hence all I actually need is a decent shell, from that I can build him a very nice keeper.
What have you in mind young Brian?

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Hence all I actually need is a decent shell, from that I can build him a very nice keeper.
What have you in mind young Brian?
Exactly that Chris :-) There may be one or two people in BXClub land unaware of your legendary skills with fettling BXs - someone may have a BX with mech problems but a decent shell and not realised you can marry that up with the working bits from Smiffy's green machine. Just wanted to highlight that :-)
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Ahh right. Thanks dude!
So, anyone got a decent shell going in the next 4 days?

electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

My pleasure Sir :-)

Do you think Swampy is a possibility - or the 4x4 that Mike has given us the heads-up about ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-Citroen-BX-T ... 3cb04ff124

might be worth a phone call / visit to find out what needs doing - even if it's only a stop-gap solution for Smiffy ?
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I have asked Dom about the 4x4, awaiting a reply. Could be a goer for now.

I'm not sure Oscar really wants to sell Swampy, although I'd say it's a decent contender if he did want to part with it.

Myself and Smiffy went to see that car in Thrupp a couple of weeks ago. It's not quite as bad as his, but still needs a shite load of welding before it'll be anywhere near MoT spec, it's had a bang in the front and leaks oil from everywhere!

electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

If Smiffy gets a stop-gap car for now that would take the pressure off - and he'll really appreciate the TZD when you get a good one together for him :-)

If you end up with the 4x4 as a stop-gap and Smiffy is still obstinate :wink: and still wants a TZD then I'd still be interested in the 4x4 when Smiffy is done with it - that would give me a bit of time to clear the decks to accomodate it as well.

I'd be happy to give you many pictures of The Queen for any welding needed to make it kosher - I'm happy with mechs as long as it's not engine-out stuff - I'm good at carbs etc and electrics - but my welding is crap :-) Once described as 'gorilla welds' - didn't know that gorillas needed welding ! My brazing is ok though so no problems in cold weather :lol:
2002 C5 HDi SX estate