MOT Costs

Anything about BXs
ragger
BXpert

MOT Costs

Post by ragger »

I was on moneysavingexpert.com this afternoon to do a switch of energy suppliers (4 pints of cider doesn't seem to do it anymore), when I noticed this bit about where to get MOTs done:

"It's not the test fee but repairing the "fails" that usually costs a fortune. Yet little known council run MOT centres don't do repairs, so there's no vested interest to fail you and thousands report a massive difference. "

I didn't know such places exist. Have any of you worthy gentlefolk ever used them? It does seem to be an interesting idea.

Rob
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Is it referring to VOSA inspection sites? You know where HGVs go to be MOTd. Maybe they *do* PLG MOTs too.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

They do: I've been to our local one twice. Very good as the guy will talk to you about the car and any issues while the car's up on the ramp.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

How much do they charge, Phil? Do you know if it's a standard rate too?
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Found it - £54.85
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

:) Any where that utilises public service vehicles must by law offer said services to the public think ambulance hq and local council depots. I used to get my mot and servicing done by the nhs garage which deducted the cost from my wage packet at the end of the month. Ring your local council they should be able to tell if there is a depot in your area 8).
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.