Unfortunately have to let my Txs go

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
demag
BXpert

Unfortunately have to let my Txs go

Post by demag »

Due mainly to the pressure of working 60 hour weeks I am sadly going to let my Bx go. Much as I wanted to put it on the road my busy lifestyle has beaten me. I am working more hours then ever and being the wrong side of 60 I was hoping to be slowing down towards my retirement. Unfortunately the opposite is true.

The car is a 92 K reg 1.6 petrol on Sorn. 55k. Runs and lifts ok but the front struts are a little sticky through lack of use. The back is traditionally Citroen soft. The interior is good but a bit dirty. Sunroof but doesn't work (cables).

I won't break it for the same reason I can't repair it, no time. There are a couple of pictures in the gallery section. The front door hinges and straps are good as are the screen pillars. The rear door shuts are perfect. The exhaust was good. It will need the flitches attending to. New spheres on the front. There are a number of spares that will come with it. A pack of bnib chrome bumper inserts, brand new Weber carb. A large number of various types of spheres. a composite bonnet kindly donated by Rxbx. The original steel bonnet is damaged at the front. I think there is a spare aerial and clock. I think there are two keys as well. A scrap man banged on the door and begged me to let him have it for £120 a couple of months ago! I never realised scrap was still worth that much.

I would love someone on here to have it but I understand people have commitments. I don't expect to get £120 for it but the carb was £50 on its own. If someone will give me £90 its theirs. If I think of anything else I will update this. A sad day. This will leave me Citroenless for the first time in years.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats sad dave, Im not in a position to take anything on right now, come the end of the month that will change with payday so if its still available please get in touch.

Tim
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

PM sent.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

That's a bargain and hats off to you for not selling it off for scrap. Hopefully it'll get saved and put back on the road.
Vauxhall apologist.
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Well after all this time this car is still on my drive. Despite all the emails, messages and telephone calls it all came to nothing. If anyone wants it you will have to be very quick. It WILL be sold for scrap tomorrow. (Saturday). If I don't have a FIRM offer by the end of play tonight, then tomorrow will be too late. Scrap man is giving me £120 (amazingly). I don't want to scrap it but wifey has laid the law down. So it has to go. Match the scrappies price and its yours. But it must be gone by next weekend, no iffs or buts.

Dave.
Dave.

1990 Bx TGS automatic.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats a real shame Dave. This is a low mileage BX TXS and a tidy one at that too. I havent the time or inclination to do anything with it, I do hope someone steps in!. :cry:

Could you not put it on a 3 day listing with £120 reserve? Im sure someone would take it on??
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I agree with Tim, but I would simply list it with a £120 start and no reserve. I reckon it would do around the £200 mark.

It looks far too good to break but I can't recover it, or I would. :(
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Right, I have agreed to buy this from Dave, purely as I cant stand to see a low mileage BX get scrapped for little work but am happy to hand over the "reigns" to someone else if they want to take it on instead.

Please contact Dave and myself.

The intention will be to get it MOT'ed, roadworthy and tdidy it up then sell it on as I dont want anymore BX's right now as I havent got the space.

Watch this space.
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Thank God the dear old girl has a stay of execution. If the scrappy had been on time it would have been curtains for her now.

Tim, like the true gent that he is has gone out on a limb to save this car. As he's already overwhelmed with motors this is indeed a very generous offer. Tim I take my hat off to you mate you really are Mr Bx.

Dave.
Dave.

1990 Bx TGS automatic.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

No worries Dave, IF someone else gets in touch and doesnt mess you about this time, then let it go, otherwise let me know whens good to pick up etc, I have a mate with a trailer so will have a chat with him.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Fair play Tim, good save there and as you said it's too good to be scrapped.
Vauxhall apologist.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Dave

I already have someone lined up to take this old girl on, who is a fellow west midlander and a ex BX16 owner, can you PM me your details so I can get things moveing.

Thanks.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Has it gone? :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

As I look out of my bedroom window I see a familiar shape over the road parked round the back! 8)
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Sorry Tim missed your post. Yes about 4pm ish. Started 2nd go as the booster had run down a bit from using it this week. It seemed to drive off ok. Glad (and relieved!) he made it back. It was always ultra reliable apart from a blocked jet once. Sorry to see it go but it wasn't practical or fair to the car to hold onto it.
Dave.

1990 Bx TGS automatic.