A sad day..

Anything about BXs
Oscar
1K Away

A sad day..

Post by Oscar »

Steve Scarecrow has the keys and the new keeper's supplement to Swampy, and I have to go and collect a 97 1.9TD ZX in Norwich next weekend.

It was such a cool car...

(Still, he has promised to give me first refusal...)
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

At least he'll look after it Oscar, it could have been worse and got weighed in.
Vauxhall apologist.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I sensed a real sadness from Lena... But, hey sometimes it's just right to move on to break that catch 22 syndrome. There will always bx's qbout.

I'd quite like to get a Lomax for next summer :shock:

Edit:sorry my typing is rubbish tonight
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

make sure the Lomax has a 1.3 GS lump in it :lol:

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

That sounds more appealing than a 2cv engine. I haven't seen any for sale like that, but I'll certainly keep a look out now.
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

i saw one at a dersh meet we went to a few years back, it sounded wonderfull with a stainless steel exhaust running down the side with a large fan tail tail pipe,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

make sure the Lomax has a 1.3 GS lump in it
My 602 powered Lomax was quite quick enough (I did get 85 out of it once, and it was still accelerating :shock: ) because it was the 3 wheel model, I did find it more likely to understeer than a 2cv as the weight distribution was set further forward. This would only be made worse with a GS lump, which is probably why Lomax would only sell you a 4 wheel kit if they knew you were putting a 4 pot engine in it.

There are other options, though. I've seen several running with BMW power (In fact a 2cv with a BMW engine managed to keep up with my GS doing at least 80 in France earlier this year), there's one running a Panhard engine, and a few weeks back I met a guy who has abandoned his GS engine in favour of a 120bhp (IIRC) Guzzi engine :twisted:

I sort of miss my Lomax, although I found it cramped. I would have another, but it would mean selling something, which I don't want to do at the moment.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!