BUM...

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

BUM...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

HOLES!

Hit by a speeding young lad in a Fiat Punto. He failed to stop at a roundabout; hit me, spun me round and drove off. Bastard!

Ah well coppers and insurance company being helpful; the car is insured (assuming he wasn't nicking it!) and this is probable course of events;

Cat D write off. I get upwards of £525 for the car plus I get to keep the car and get it repaired.

Preferred course of events; I get the car repaired to pre-accident state and the arsehole Punto driver loses his nuts in a chainsaw accident.

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Sorry to see that Phil. Doesn't look so bad - looking on the bright side. That is the nightmare scenario of every driver of a car considered 'marginal' by insurers. I'm sure it'll rise again.

Have you got a suitable chainsaw - like a petrol powered unit rather than one than runs off the mains? More freedom. I watched 'Get Carter' last night - maybe watch that for some inspiration about how to get even! :D
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Bolt cutters. Changed my mind. :twisted:
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Is it just the angle youve taken the picture or has it slightly bulged the rear wing middle of wheelarch?If not you are a lucky man to get away with bolt on/off bits.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

ouch! - did you get number / id of the offending car?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

The wing has bent, yes, but it can be massaged back into shape and with a little smoothing off will be fine after the respray. Apparently. :roll: The bumper took most of the impact.

I took the car into the bodyshop that repaired it after the last incident, and he will be giving me an estimate.

I have car make, colour, registration number, witnesses and police incident number. According to the database the car is insured and they know where it comes from (fairly local). Probably a stoopid lad out in his mum's car.

It's a case of wait and see.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Anyone got a spare bumper? :)

(Not like this though! :? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Skyline-R3 ... 0441222906 :lol: )
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

I have Phil,but its grey/green off a meteor?
Richard
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Bollocks! :evil: ah well its not too bad, even so the little bugger needs a good shoeing, he will get in lots of bother for leaving the scene of the accident! and serves him right too. its just caught the rear quarter where it meets the rear lamps but is easily repairable.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

richardd1652 wrote:I have Phil,but its grey/green off a meteor?
Richard
Thanks muchly, I might take you up on that. Edwards have a bumper or two, but unsure of condition at the moment. I will get back to you. Colour not an issue as the rear will be resprayed. 8)
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

Not good.

I'm very aware that people seem to have absolutely no control in the snow, and are not changing their driving style at all to compensate. Idiots.

Hope it all gets sorted out, but looks like you've been lucky with regards to it actually being insured.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Thing is, this guy was driving dangerously; for any conditions. The roads were wet but not icy and there as no slush or anything. He just drove at speed onto the roundabout without stopping. It could've been much worse.

He will be in trouble. Cops were not impressed. I joked with them (after they breathalised me - passed of course! - so became a respectable citizen) that he might end up getting 20 hours community service and three points. They doubted he would be made an example of like that (they quipped) lol!
kiwi
Over 2k

Re: BUM...

Post by kiwi »

Philip Chidlow wrote:He failed to stop at a roundabout; hit me, spun me round and drove off.
Let me guess? He was driving to fast for the road conditions, oh looks its snow I can drive like a twat!!! :evil:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have a theory; a student; college closed so thought he'd go out for a blat in his mum's car. Drove like a flange, and will get a bollocking. Mum will not be impressed... I might be lucky and they offer to settle outside insurance.

Won't stop their little boy getting the book thrown at him hopefully!
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Hi Phil
Having looked at the pic's i think you have been very lucky and not too much structural damage but the bumper in the cold has just exploded.
That little plonker want's stripping naked hanging up by the gonads and have snow balls thrown at him. :)
Then have a picture taken enlarged to full advertising hoarding size and posted on the actual rooundabout for all to see with a banner reading.

Drive like a twat and youl look like that. :twisted:

Regards Kermit / Phil
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)