The bx is dead. Long live the bx!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
scarecrow

The bx is dead. Long live the bx!

Post by scarecrow »

The tzd has made up my mind for me and will be on the next slow boat to China I'm afraid. The turbo popped and then stopped this morning.

If anyone wants any bits let me know before the end of next week please as any cash I can raise will go towards recommissioning the 14. Don't worry, you can set your own prices :) I do have some new tzd bits (there's a long metal bar thingy which I believe is a power steering ram (these are expensive I believe), and a complete clutch kit as well as what looks like just a clutch plate.

If anyone wants the whole car it has about three weeks mot and tax till the end of March and runs and drives okay but without turbo boost. 200000 miles, rotten paint, rust top of the cills/bottom of rear wheel arch and probably elsewhere. I'd wager every panel has some kind of a dent too. I can't really break too much as I have to drive it to the scrappy to weigh it in as it's worth double the money that way (about £140 I believe). EDIT2 I'd say £180 with the tax and £140 without.

EDIT: I forgot there's a set of Speedlines that aren't particularly kerbed but need a good clean and two are ever-so-slightly porous (tyre loses about 4 to 5lbs/in2 a week. Tyres look okay to me! You'd have to collect though.

Can't wait to get the 14 back!
Last edited by scarecrow on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Hi Scarecrow,could do with front fogs/ bib spoiler if you have them?also poss alloys?Please pm me.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I take it you've checked all the induction hoses are still attached, they can often blow off when under pressure.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Whereabouts are you Scarecrow? Incase anything comes up for us.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I'm in Medway.

Regarding the alloys - someone has expressed an interest and I've suggested £30 is a reasonable price for the four rims with tyres which I think are legal but you wouldn't really be buying them for the tyres at that price I should think? The back ones certainly look pretty good to me, the fronts I'd say are borderline legal. I'll check make and size tomorrow.

Sorry no splitter or fogs as there is no splitter on the car, or fogs!

You might be right Ken - thanks
, I'll have a butcher's in the morning. I'll still be scrapping the car though as it's beyond redemption in reality. It has had the chassis straightened at some stage after going up the back of a tranny. Lots of strange clonks come from several places.

I might just weigh it in on Monday as I can use the 14 for a bit until it has its work done.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

2nd dibs on wheels then please.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Eek!
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Ken, you were right - one of the pipes from the i/c has popped off :) Thanks.

Oscar it's still whole if you want to but it back ;) You don't want it though - it really is only good for bits I'm afraid. The engine would do another couple of hundred thousand I'm sure, the rest of it not. C'est la vie, or sumfink.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I've had a good offer for the whole car (for breaking) so car is no longer for sale, and I'll keep the speedlines for fitting to the 14 - should be a good upper body workout after.

The tzd/diesel spares that I've accumulated will remain for sale, 2 x valio clutches one just the plate and centre, the other including the metal housing with all the springs on too. There's a used hp pump which was working fine when removed from Groliffe, same for front brake cylinders. Eventually I'll get round to listing them and other unidentified bits on ebay.

Thanks.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

PM sent
I have zero patience for your tedium.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Did this car go :?:
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

The car is still on the road - just! The 14 is still on a repairs merry-go-round, but should be ready by Friday when the tzd will be weighed-in. It turns out it's worth almost £200 just for the metal!!
The CV joint makes a bad, bad noise going around corners now... it might last until Friday.

Having said to myself that the 14 is going to be my last bx, I already have one eye on a Grandad-Special tzd estate that's about to come up for sale. I call it my plan 'B'.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

OK, had a word with my mate and we definately would like to buy this to salvage as many useable parts as possible primarily the gearbox, not to mention the now increasingly rare struts front and rear!

How much will you take for it and we'll come and collect it. :)
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Hi Ken, you can have it for the scrap value - pm sent

EDIT: but please confirm this morning as it's booked to go to the breaker's today.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Mmm, the bad news is, with the MOT having expired we can't drive this home and to come 200 miles with a trailer for a scrap car it simply isn't worth it.
Had it still had MOT we would have come for it. :(