BX for sale. IF anyone's interested...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

BX for sale. IF anyone's interested...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I am planning a couple of projects, including a GS rally car, and now, in the shape of a Synergie, I have the 'family transport' sorted, so I think I have to consider passing the BX GTi on, which could leave me temporarily BX-less, but I only have so much time and space.

Some of you will know the car. It's a 1991 GTi auto with 220k miles. It isn't without issues that will need sorting and I will list them here.

On the plus side it's in pretty good order and has been 100% reliable in the 30 months I've run it as a daily driver. It's got MOT until early September. Tax until the end of this month. Electrics (except radio) work - including front fogs and sunroof - and the graphite Speedlines have fantastic Kleber tyres - the best I've ever had on a BX IMO. (And don't forget the Tailblazer and Sunroof deflector! lol).

There's lots else in its favour (not least a MASSIVE service history file from new). It's got Magnecor leads (cost) and recent new plugs, superbright bulbs.... and so on.

It does have a slight hot-idling issue but I've lived with that for ages. And it soon clears up. The auto box has had two ATF (D2) changes, new front struts, rear arms are fine and from the centre pipe back a very recent NEW exhaust.

However, it needs welding. But most is non-structural and can be done at your convenience. It suffered a rear 3/4 knock which wrote off the exhaust, rear bumper and left a slight dent in the wing, by the light. The impact did revael some corrosion - not least a fairly decent hole in the inner wheel arch (a relatively easy repair). This has been cleaned up, dried and treated, and a combination of aluminium tape, mesh and underseal means it's protected and watertight until such time a repair is undertaken. There's some more welding: a seam and part of the rear valance, that should be done at the same time. I have put a crudely sprayed rear bumper on, but did rescue the trim from the destroyed original. So that bumper'll need painting better. I also have the two rear mudflaps.

Then there's the rear arch (on the offside). Nearside's perfect, but on the offside the rust has come through to create two smallish holes in the 'usual places': ie where the sill meets the arch and a little higher up. Again fixable if you have the tools and skills. I have protected these two for the time being.

I haven't spoken to Kermit about this but I don't think I have a choice; he has offered to do all the welding, put the logistics - and the fact I KNOW he has a huge amount to do what with his new workshop to build, The Green Hornet to repair, and other stuff, not to mention Project GS (if/when that happens) I don't want to burden him with it.

The car will come with a NEW pair of Bendix front discs and a couple of other odds and sods. And, well that's about it.

HOW MUCH? The short answer is I don't know. Some parts, like the HT leads/wheels/exhaust are quite valuable (I know - I bought them), but I am realistic.

Given it's MOT of 7 months and the fact it never fails to get up in the morning (unlike me :roll: :lol: ), I would have thought £295 ono is a fair price. But I will consider offers.

Any takers? It's a drive-away car.

(Currently on a Private plate that will be removed and replaced with the original 'J' plate - so a trip to the DVLA by me is called for if someone wants the car).

Last edited by Philip Chidlow on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

BOO!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I spent a lot of time over the past two days weighing up the choices. I will get another BX in due course, but in the meantime....
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

It's OK Tim, he'll have changed his mind by tea time anyway and decided to keep it! :P

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

mat_fenwick wrote:It's OK Tim, he'll have changed his mind by tea time anyway and decided to keep it! :P
:lol:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Oi, Mat. I KNOW I'm fickle. And there's a fair amount of 'stream-of-consciousness' posting goes on from me, but here is head, not heart doing it's stuff.

I am trying to be less contrary, honest!

It doesn't help that I sold the XM after just over a year; made me look like a jerk TBH. But there was a very practical reason why I had to :wink:

Ah well, self-justification over; now, does anyone want it?... :)
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

I think it's way too expensive, will you take 50p, a used coconut and three Ladybird books for it.
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

:shock: Of course not. :lol: I don't like coconuts.

If anyone is interested and wants to make an offer than doesn't include nuts children's books, just let me know. It goes on eBay this weekend, although even then I would pull it for a BXC/CCC/FCF member. :)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Weigh-in's going to be about £180. But that is not a preferred option. Please don't make me do it. :lol: :roll:

Joke BTW
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Weigh-in's going to be about £180. But that is not a preferred option. Please don't make me do it. :lol: :roll:

Joke BTW
That wont happen :wink:
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Weigh-in's going to be about £180. But that is not a preferred option. Please don't make me do it. :lol: :roll:

Joke BTW
I'll up my offer to £1, three ladybird books and a couple of chocolate brazil nuts (with the chocolate licked off) and a sugared almond that's been in my pocket for a month? The sugared almond has gone white instead of pink? Is that OK?
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Campbell, behave.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

XM-less and possibly soon BX-less and your Tag/Forum name on the XM forum Citroenesque with a photo of your current BX (Was the Green XM before) :?

I think I'll go and open a bottle of 'Hobgoblin' beers, I'm confused ~ale~
Philip Chidlow wrote:..........It goes on eBay this weekend, although even then I would pull it for a BXC/CCC/FCF member. :)
But a good weekend to do your listing Phil, as the insertion fee is FREE this weekend :wink:

(That beer was nice) !

:D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

XM-less for good reason (looming big spend) and BX-less temporarily. I still have a Citroen and the GS will keep me up in my Citroen count! I have not lost the faith, bro :lol:

BX's tax up at the end of this month so, I should sell at this time really...
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I don't believe I am reading this.
Get a grip Phil, scrap the GS idea not the BX. I have always gone that extra mile to keep my BXs on th road and if I can then its more than certain that you can too.
RIP.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.