Wanted - wheel bolts for Speedline alloys please.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
scarecrow

Wanted - wheel bolts for Speedline alloys please.

Post by scarecrow »

If anyone would like to sell me a full set of wheel bolts for the Speedlines please let me know.

Thanks
Steve
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

erm....there was a set on the TZD....
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Oscar wrote:erm....there was a set on the TZD....
Oscar :roll: !
scarecrow wrote::twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I was gutted that I scrapped it with 199873 miles on the clock. Still, it'll make a nice bit of tat in china that we'll clamour to buy off them.

I got the Speedlines, minus the bloody wheel bolts :cry: I asked my scrappy-mate to bring them back but he didn't.
The /\ quote from THIS thread for ref. :wink:

scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Yes :oops: I would have been too lazy to do that ^ I suppose I could go and ask the scrappy to sell them back to me but I should think they've joined a giant pile of scrap by now. I bet they cost a bomb to buy new.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

scarecrow wrote:Yes :oops: I would have been too lazy to do that ^ I suppose I could go and ask the scrappy to sell them back to me but I should think they've joined a giant pile of scrap by now. I bet they cost a bomb to buy new.
That is correct ! The XM ones are exactly the same, heres some on E-BAY £18.92 (with P/P) for five !

:shock:
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

RxBX wrote:
scarecrow wrote:Yes :oops: I would have been too lazy to do that ^ I suppose I could go and ask the scrappy to sell them back to me but I should think they've joined a giant pile of scrap by now. I bet they cost a bomb to buy new.
That is correct ! The XM ones are exactly the same, heres some on E-BAY £18.92 (with P/P) for five !

:shock:
I never knew they were shared with the XM... I always thought they were unique to the BX :P
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

So the alloy's ones are longer than for the steel rims? I don't suppose anyone knows the exact Specs please?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I can measure mine (bolt!) if you like?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

scarecrow wrote:So the alloy's ones are longer than for the steel rims? I don't suppose anyone knows the exact Specs please?
It's the flat-face nature of the bolts which is important on the alloys... I might have some spares, but not a full set (that I can give away - I need to keep a full set spare for all those spare Speedlines) sadly. :lol:

You might be able to make up a set if anyone else has any loose ones...?
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

mat_fenwick wrote:I can measure mine (bolt!) if you like?
Thanks for the offer Mat, but I'm not sure that would help, would it? Do I need those captive washers, and is there an 'M' number? Is that the thread pitch? (?)

Matt H wrote:
scarecrow wrote:So the alloy's ones are longer than for the steel rims? I don't suppose anyone knows the exact Specs please?
It's the flat-face nature of the bolts which is important on the alloys... I might have some spares, but not a full set (that I can give away - I need to keep a full set spare for all those spare Speedlines) sadly. :lol:

You might be able to make up a set if anyone else has any loose ones...?
Thanks Matt - I'm just going to ask the chap at the Citroen garage first, in case he has some lying around. I'll ask tomorrow. I don't care what they look like, as long as they're silver and in good nick! :wink: Of course I'll pay you for them - someone has quoted me a tenner for 9, so another 3 and an ebay locking nut set would do it. I might be interested in a single silver Speedline too for the spare, if you have one? I'm not in a rush with the wheels as I need to give them a bit of a going over to get them nice, and I want to use up the tread on my steel rims first 8)
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Matt H wrote:.............................
I never knew they were shared with the XM... I always thought they were unique to the BX :P
That's not quite true, as the same stud-bolt on all Speed-line alloys fitted to the BX TZD/GTi & 16v (5-1/2" J and 6"J) were also fitted to the early Xantia Exclusive models which also had the identical length of bolt of 46mm (That being measured from under the head rather than under the washer) !

However when the very late XM's were coming of the production line, the alloys were change from 'Monte-Carlo' to 'Ville de Monte-Carlo' and 'Etoile' to 'New Etoile' when the stud-bolt length reduced in length to 42mm in length (again measured from under head) this was to compensate for the revised/thinner section thru' the alloy wheel/hub, see THIS PDF for more info page's 9 and 10 of the brochure (11 & 12 of 14 on the thumbnails).

IIRC this revision also applied to the later Xantia range/styles which sported alloy wheels, but the BX Speed-line's stud-bolts have always been 46mm in length !
mat_fenwick wrote:I can measure mine (bolt!) if you like?
No need to now Matt :wink:

But as this problem/search for Speed-line stud-bolts comes up fairly often (And for some reason folks don't use the SEARCH facility) maybe it's time this subject/matter is moved/made in to a Technical 'Sticky' ?

As it's been well covered in THIS thread !

Hope this is of help and should close out any ambiguity on this subject.

:D

RxBX
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I have three here, £1 each + p&p.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

The CX had the same bolts too.

But not the AX, they were shorter.

I have a few odd BX bolts too, if you have to start collecting them in small batches I will dig them out.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Hi Mike - yes please. I've PMd Ken too, so I only need another 13 - call that 14, for luck ;)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'll have a look in the lock-up tomorrow and see if there are any more.