BX GTi/16V wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
beckyrachel

BX GTi/16V wanted

Post by beckyrachel »

Hi,

I haven't owned a BX since 1998 (I've had 3 - GTi, 14RE and a 1.6), being an XM owner since then. Last March I bought a C5, in the hope that it would prove an adequate replacement for the XM. I sold one XM, keeping the silver one as the 2nd car ( I have had 2 cars on the road at once for years).
Last week I decided to convert the XM to LPG and to get rid of the C5 - whilst it's fairly reliable and the parts are cheap, it's just not an XM. I still have the C5, and the XM is converted next week.

With this in mind, I'll soon be looking for a new 2nd car. I have a few possibles in mind; BX GTi, BX GTi 16V, CX GTi, or a GSA - ideally one on the changeover before the new dash (1979/80ish) - but there are so few that it's a longer term thing.

Invariably Citroens in my ownership get better, but because of where I'm living only something that is MOTd and usable is viable right now. I'm hoping this will change this summer as we put a driveway in.

So, I'm on the lookout for a good BX to use as a low annual mileage second car. No great hurry, just looking for the right car.

Best
Becky.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

There seems to be a BX valver on eBay each week now, my advice is hunt around there for one with the MOT and try and get it at a bargain price. It\'s nice to see the \"mint\" ones pushing £1500 these days (nice for those of us who own a 16v anyway!) but I at this stage I\'d never buy one for anywhere near that, as your definition and their definition of mint may be totally different.

Consider a ph1 GTi 16v too, they\'re always cheaper. That is if it\'s not a ph2 16v specifically that you\'re after.

GS and CX wise can\'t help ya one dot! CX GTi I\'d love to own, GS I\'ve never really been all that fussed on for some reason.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

10+ years ago, I fancied a CX GTi too. Never happened, never see them now either.
Last edited by sdelasal on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Theres a lovely White low miles GTi 8v on ebay at the moment.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....