Fuel filler lock ring wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

Fuel filler lock ring wanted

Post by peterwight »

Fuel filler lock ring wanted, that notched circular thing the lock on the flap connects with.

You know how the BX fuel cap locks? Attached behind the flap is a conical lock which plugs the rubber tube leading to the tank. This tube begins with a notched metal ring with which the lock connects, and on my car this has rusted off. Can you extricate this part from your srap vehicle and sell it to me? Please let me know and we can agree a price. Yours, fuelcap-unlocked flappingly in the breeze, Peter
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

Same thing happened to my BX (petrol) and I got one from a someone selling any part from a scrap BX, in ebay. You could also get it off a car in a local scrapyard, if they have a BX in of course.

Main point is that the lock ring on a Diesel is same as on a Petrol, it is the plastic pipe behind the lock ring which is smaller on a petrol, but the lock ring itself is the same because the lock on the flap is the same.

Hope this helps.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Give Bullwinkles Garage a call - they're offloading at the moment - if they haven't already had the environment SWAT team in. There's a live thread somewhere on the forum at the moment.

And welcome to 'BX Meteor'..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

I think I'm sorted but thanks.

Post by peterwight »

Thanks for your advice Meteor and Toddao. I confess that I had stopped expecting to find BX stuff any more in Scrapyards. I'll get myself down to Paris Autos here in Stockport to see what they have in (although the rough track to their premises threatens to scrap your vehicle en route). Re filler cap, I'm in touch with a fellow member with quite a collection of BX's on his farm, from whom I hope to get this part and others.
By the way, my lovely meteor has just passed its MOT first time. What a great feeling.
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.