MK1 BX TRD (italian bx) "maybe" for sale!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

MK1 BX TRD (italian bx) "maybe" for sale!

Post by ren16tx »

with a heavy heart, :oops: i am seriously thinking it may be time to part with Sophie, my beloved italian MK1 BX 19TRD, well known to most of you i think,seen at many rallies here and in Europe,

Bad points! :roll:
No MOT (just ran out) no tax,
needs heater hose fitting (supplied,providing its correct! from citroen) and rad needs replacing,(seconhand one supplied)
Good points! :lol:
very reliable runner,extremly cheap to run,No rust to speak off,very solid car,but with a few dings (is themed- italian!)
sits on MK1 ALLOY Wheels (prob worth more than the car!)

maroon in colour, tidy interior,No power steering, tints/electric windows all round,
the BX was sold new in Rome, and was taken back to Rome for the ICCCR a few years ago! i've proberly done more miles overseas than in the UK, (trips to france,italy, swiss,germany,belgium,holland,czec ect!)
im realy fond of this car,and don't want to sell her,realisticly,i have other cars,and a lack of storage since loosing my last job,and as i have a works van, i don't even drive the cars to work! and i realy want an Ami!
As i say in the title, she "maybe" for sale, depending if i can bare to part wit her,
Asking price, well, im not giving her away,and not desp to sell but, as is, i'd want £500
Anyone serious, drop me a pm for further details,cars in Aldershot, hants, can be seen running,

Also For sale :lol: 1971 Renault 16 TS, New mot,tax exempt,£1200
chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Hi Chris its Richard. I,d be very interested in her although ive never seen her.Could you send some pics?
Regards Richard.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Good luck with that then.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I remember the car. It's certainly got character. I have to say with no Tax or Ticket - at that price I think you and the Italian BX will not be parted :) So you might as well fix her up tax and test it and enjoy a continuing relationship.

The Renault sounds interesting. As a matter of interest, any pics?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

i know it seems a high price, but "do you know how rare it is" ?!! and you are getting a pretty much rot free car too, and with very rare mk1 alloys!!
my intention was/is to get her back on the rd,but has been in the drive since last september...........! :oops:
As for price, its not worth my while selling her for less,as its so cheap to run,it pays for itself in no time, and i don't realy want to sell anyway! i won't be ebaying her! but if someone here wants her,then i'll prob let her go, otherwise i'll be keeping her!!

Renault 16 TS
pm me your email address, and i can forward some pics of the R16,
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Chris, don't get me wrong, it is a rare car and I like it. Honestly, I wish you the best of luck in realising at least some of it's inestimable value to you. But as I said, without an MOT it will be hard regardless of being a rare BX. How far off a ticket is it?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

MOT ran out last week! as for passing another mot,i foresee no major issues,and should be faily straight forward,
the problem i have is that she needs the heaterhose replacing,and its a pig of a job,and im no machanic! and can't drive the car anywhere,as she's lost her water!! Alas, my R16TX has also developed a few probs that also need sorting and the poor old bx is just not getting the attention she deserves, although i will sort her at some stage!! once i've mot'd and have her back on the rd,then im very unlikly to sell her!!!!!
For someone who knows what they are doing,this would be a very easy car to get back on the rd!
in my case,its just going to take a liitle longer!!!!! :wink:
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Yeah, I think you'll have to keep and sort or it'll struggle, even if it is rare. As I've discovered to personal cost, French + Rare often doesn't = expensive.

I do wish I hadn't just bought the Scimitar though. I really, REALLY must own a Renault 16 one day.
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

make Renault 16 ownership today!!! one day never comes!! hehe :lol:
also have a 1963 Hillman SuperMinx auto,with webasto s/roof if anyone is interested! :roll:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

ren16tx wrote: also have a 1963 Hillman SuperMinx auto,with webasto s/roof if anyone is interested! :roll:
Are these at Chevronics by any chance?, Rob was trying to flog me it last year! :wink:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I'd love to take the 16 today. Do you accept I O U? :wink: :D
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

Ian

has the Mini gone too?
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Not yet. Anyone fancy a Mini City E?

As it's the wife's car, not sure I'd be able to spend the money on a Renault 16! As it is, my budget only stretches to a BX - and how much longer that'll be the case I don't know with these rising values!
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Ohhhh getting shot of the mini huh?

Sorry to hi-jack, but is it being replaced or just a downsize to fit the new lifestyle?
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Rather than further taint this thread, I'll drop you a line Matt.