bx tzd

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
johnbird
BXpert

bx tzd

Post by johnbird »

the 99 turbo is finished and im fetching her home tomorrow night.
the bx will be going on the usual web sites over the bank holiday weekend.
thought i would mention it.i will post links on here once i put the adds up if thats ok?
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Hi John, do you have a price in mind? And could you point me in the direction of some photos please?

Thanks
Steve
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13543
im not the most computer literate chap but i think this will take you to the add mal the guy i bought the car from. remarkably enough he too had the car as a daily driver whilst he prepared his white-non turbo-99 for daily use. i bought my turbo 99 from him too-had sat in a barn for 17 years before i bought it,has cost thousands to get running correctly and a little under 12 months effort.
the mileage has gone up to just over 132,000 miles now. i have bought a proper bx dog guard for it which will go with it. i think i can still find the lamp unit and i know where the 4 steel rims and trims are so they can go with it too. its got refurbed alloys and good tyres fitted to it now,not sure if the pics show it on the steel rims? i just taxed the car for six months and its doing 48 to the gallon currently. its due a service but i changed the oil and filter. when it broke the hydraulic pipe just after i bought it it got pretty much a flush of new lhm fluid. the stereo is now kenwood because the jvc wouldnt play my cds, i wanted 900 for it but reading mals add it would make a certain symmetry if i ask the same 875 for it he did. i really could do with shifting it on as the smart roadster is coming out of hibernation too this weekend. hope that helps. pm me if you want a phone number to talk about the car on,john.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Nice car that, any interested parties could do a lot worse, good luck with the sale, although i do think you're mad for selling. Remind me again how many mpg your saab does :wink:
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

the 99 turbo has a virtually rebuilt/replaced k jet fitted and a later turbo now so with some restraint it might stretch 30 on my commute. my old c900 turbo was doing 25 overall which was ok. its only money and if your smiling as it burns it it hurts a whole lot less............
it will be a bit of a blow to let the reliability of the car go and the economy will be an issue i guess,but if you read my sig i generally buy cars for power output and handling not economy. i am really impressed with the handling of the bx though. my dad had a cx and a v6 xm which handled well.my old cx famille was a good old cornering barge but the bx is much better on the speed bumps and roundabouts. i have five cars now and my eldest will blow a gasket if i dont get her a euro box set of wheels soon.if i had a warehouse i would keep it. it would be nice if someone who loved bxs bought it as it is a nice car. i have been so busy with the saab i have barely touched it. i had plans to fit a temp gauge and some other bits and bobs but i only did the bulbs for the heater controls and left it at that.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd