bx replacement-s

Anything about BXs
johnbird
BXpert

bx replacement-s

Post by johnbird »

got the saab 99 back and doing a few miles this week,all seems well so far,went to view a skoda fabia at a dealers for my wife and daughter to share-daughter is soon to be a new pass driver so small engine was important-and saw this parked on the forecourt. wife loved it and it has some appeal,not everyone has one and i dont like driving cars everyone has,i like quirky or powerful-prefrably both. im giving up a smart roadster to buy this and the 99 replaces the bx so you see what im getting at...........
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

They may be nice but they aint BXs
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Its bad enough replacing a ^^bx> with another make of ^^ ^^ BUT to compare a ^^bx> with those :rofl:
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

you should be sat in the 99 when it comes on boost.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Tell this to the Saab forum guys then.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

(I like Saabs of that era and either side). I had a Saab 900 3-door LPT just before our latest was born... and it was quite nice.

The relationship between Citroen owners and Saabs is a well-known peculiarity.

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Oh, and if the chap wants a Saab, Fiat - or whatever - and sell his BX (and Smart) it's up to him. BXs are good cars but not the only good cars. :roll:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

thanks for that philip. i enjoy cars. there are a great many interesting and quirky ones to own before you die. ive had so far a 2cv,cx and a bx. i still have a xm v6 on my list. on the same list is a renault 16,lancia beta hpe -the supercharged one,another capri,a v8 mercedes barge and the list goes on. ultimately i want an old porsche 911 to potter about in.
i thought we were all car enthusiasts? all of the above bar the porsche can be owned and run for a thousand,maybe two and used on a daily basis. its just a hobby thats fun guys. if i had the room i would happily keep the bx and use it when i wanted a beatiful wafted economic trip out. older cars are not expensive to buy or particularly to maintain,its the tax and insurance that kill you having too many. the fiat 500 is low emission and 30 a year to tax or similar,the smart is only 35 i think,maybe more for a roadster?,i am looking at pre 73 cars as they are free and a classic policy is generally quite a bit less money than non classic.
apologies if i offended but i thought the quirky nature of the two would amuse not offend.. mr chidlow that lpt was a fine looking car,you should have kept it as prices are on the rise again! john.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Nice car the 500, much prefer it to a BMW Mini. also a lover of the older 900 and 9000 especially the CSE 8)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Seconded. Cars for me are like women, in that I can appreciate other people's, even if they're not what I'd choose myself.

Other cars I would love to own include:

Porsche 928

Aston Martin Lagonda

Fiat 500 old and new (new in white with Italian striping please)

Karmann Ghia

Aston Martin DB9

Lada Niva

Triumph Vitesse Convertible (used to have a Herald, not as tidy as that though!)

That's off the top of my head, and doesn't include Citroens, of which there are so many it scares me.
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Well, I suppose you could argue that this is 'BX chat' and not 'Anything Else' (or whatever it is) but since we were treated to some pics of that lovely Saab it would be churlish to have a moan - anyway, who cares?

In my opinion anyone that loves Citroens is going to have an eye for a beautiful design - and despite what dyed in the wool 'Citroenistes' might tell you - other car manufacturers have managed a beautiful design from time to time!!

The Volkswagen Karmann Ghia was the first car I ever really lusted after and I still think it's one of the worlds prettiest cars - though it might be quicker if you peddled it!

I tend to leave 'supercars' out of my automotive fantasies and dwell in the realm of the possible so old(ish) Saabs and Alfas tend to be top of my list ( the 'non Citroen' list that is). I've never even seen one of these - the Lancia Gamma Coupe - but I think it's lovely. Pininfarina at their 80s rectilinear best!

johnbird
BXpert

Post by johnbird »

i forgot the gamma coupe! theres one on classic and sports at the moment. what an iconic car,perhaps out of reach of the cheap fun bracket though? great choice though. old 928 is within budget and could be ok. they run a version of k jet on the early ones and i was talking to a chap who had one at the classic car show at nec last year. i wanted to know about the metering as it can deliver more fuel than the 99 one on my car and he didnt know where it was on his car-serviced at a garage all its life,ouch.
alfas make great everyday cars,ive had two and the last a 156 sportwagon was one of the best cars i have owned,dont believe the stories of bad electrics and rust. ours was thrashed around as the family and dog carrying hack for two years and still sold for what we paid for it and no significant issues.
audi a8 quattro
saab9-5 aero
saab99 turbo
smart roadster
citroen bx tzd
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Never personally been a fan of Saabs, but each to their own - it would be dull if we all had the same tastes. My ultimate car would be one of these:

Last edited by mat_fenwick on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I quite like those new 500's, until i found out how much it costs to get one serviced :shock: It's a joke mate, i'd get rid of it now, you could get a BMW 7 series serviced for less tbh.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

I don't know if anyoe has seen this beautiful car for sale on ebay

I bought my Honda Accord 2.4 Executive five years ago when it was one year old, for £15K, and now its worth £4K tops. I had my BX at the time and still have it, if I had not spent that money on the Honda I would have the space and the dosh for the car on ebay. Shame.

But now I have the Honda I will have to stick with it, and I may have to sell the BX because I do not have the space for an additional car. My mother died a few years ago and my father does not know what to do with her Suzuki Swift, so I might have to get rid of the BX to make space for the Suzuki :cry:

As everyone is pointing out, we have what we have for whatever reason, and we have to stick wth them in these times. Cars are less trouble than women every time though !!!