Wanted - Estate car, would prefer BX Diesel

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Wanted - Estate car, would prefer BX Diesel

Post by catsinthewelder »

Our Chubley has been pronounced dead. :(

The fuel injection is knackered and while this is not really a good reason to give up on him I have to look at the general condition. The A posts are rotted through around the patches on both sides, the hydraulics are very worn and will need a lot of money spending soon and its still bent around the front from hitting a wall just before I took him on.

An older or rarer car would be worth spending the money on but there have been several BXs in far better condition being scrapped lately just through lack of homes to go to.

He is technically for sale I suppose and If anyone really wants him then it will be a little below the scrap value but I think there must be far better candidates out there for restoration.

I would like another BX estate but if theres nothing about a Diesel 405 would be next best or indeed anything big and reasonably priced as we're without practical transport at the moment.

When I find out what I'm getting I'll work out what I'm doing with him but I imagine it will be the scrap yard after stripping off anything that you guys are after.

You can start PMing part requests if want owt

Rich :(
Ex BXer
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Slight change of plan, I'm hoping to get him fixed up for the moment and then pick up a better example when one becomes available.
Ex BXer
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Good man!

I was in Ludlow - I think spring last year - and saw the car pulling out of the car park near the market. I waved (rather too enthusiastically maybe?) and the young lady - as opposed to you - driving gave me an odd, worried look and drove off! :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Bad timing theres been a few nice Diesel breaks available recently at bargain prices struggling to sell & one scrapped :?

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14363

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14323
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
catsinthewelder
The Big J

Hi Guys

D110 seeing those good condition cars struggling to find homes wasn't exactly helping Chubleys case but hes running again and nothings for sale so it looks like he'll be staying for the time being at least.

Phil, as you've met Chubley at Gaydon last year I take it you know the stripe laden machine we're talking about. We only acquired him from Marcus (age 90) at the end of June last year but my GF is very chuffed about being called a "young lady". :D
Ex BXer