I recognise this one...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

I recognise this one...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Here?

Sorry RXBX, I seem to be doing your job for you :!: :wink: :) :D 8) :idea: :-reindeer

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Do you still recognise it :shock:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Very odd! Seems he changed cars mid-listing :?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Very odd! Seems he changed cars mid-listing :?
Perhap's the seller (James) has done their own "2 for the price of 1" deal (on E-Bay) :lol:

As the original description was :-
E-Bay Seller wrote:Item specifics - Cars & Other Vehicles
Manufacturer: Citroen Colour: Red
Model: BX Engine Size: 1,769 cc
Type: Standard Car Power: 92
Mileage: 109000 Seats: 5
Doors: 5 MOT Expiry: Jul 2011
Model Year: 1993 Drive Side: Right-hand drive
Reg. Date: 23 Jan 1993 Road Tax: Jul 2011
Reg. Mark: K*** *** Get the Vehicle Status Report Exterior: --
Previous Owners: 4 V5 Document: Present
Transmission: Manual Manufacturer's Warranty: --
Fuel: Diesel In-Car Audio: AM/FM Stereo, CD Player
Service History: -- Interior/Comfort Options: Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Sunroof, Tilt Steering Wheel
Safety Features: Rear seat belts

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Up for sale is my much loved BX TZD in faded red. I have owned the car since August 2010 and was going to tour Europe with it, however my financial situation changed and I was unable to do this. I only used the car up until October 2010 when the car was garaged due to being given another car. Only done approx 1700 miles since last MOT so should need little or no work for its next. I have had a few comments while filling up at the petrol station and it does get a lot of looks from other motorists. The car is very comfortable, I once did a 6 hour trip and remember feeling no fatigue whatsoever at the end of the journey, will easily do 50mpg+ on a long journey. These are becoming rare now and I can only recall seeing 1 other BX since owning the car.

The engine pulls very well with no smoke or odd noises and does not use any oil or coolant. starts first time every time, recently had a service changing the oil, air filter and fuel filter. Suspension works perfectly with no odd noises or knocking, however the front is a little hard so the front spheres will need changing (£23 each), these are apparently very easy to change. all tyres have good tread.

The bodywork is good for age with a few small cracks to the plastic bumpers, the paint is quite faded but would probably come up well with a good polish. There is a little bit of rust on the door sills but it is not too bad and could easily be repaired.

Interior is in exellent condition but could do with a good hoovering. All electrics working apart from rev counter. has electric windows front and back, electric sunroof, Headphone jacks for the rear passengers.

It has quite a lot of service history with a lot of old invoices and MOT certificates. You certainly get the impression the car has been looked after by previous owners whatever the cost.

Bad points

Abs light is on although the brakes seem to work perfectly (french electrics)

Rev counter not working

car has no tax and is currently sorn.

remote central locking not working, works fine with the key though.

Front suspension is a little hard so needs front spheres replacing.

Battery is not charging correctly, this could be at worst the alternator or maybe as simple as a bad earth.

Please PM me for more details. viewing and inspections are welcome.

Thanks for looking
Then got changed to:-

The /\ as posted by Franklin / "Citroening" on the FCF forum :wink:

So probably the TZD was sold outside of E-Bay (BIN was £225) and then Pug too (BIN was £240) as in the sellers completed listing it only SHOWS the Pug as sold :?

So is anyone off the forum possibly the new owner for the TZD ?

Who ever bought it, got a bargain by the looks of it !
mat_fenwick wrote:Here?

Sorry RXBX, I seem to be doing your job for you :!: :wink: :) :D 8) :idea: :-reindeer
Mat, could you have linked all the /\ up correctly, in a way that it could be deciphered too ?

:)

Turbo-James

Post by Turbo-James »

Only just found this thread. I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to keep the BX so I edited the listing. You all had your chance [-X, its has been listed in the for sale section for ages.

I only go £200 for the pug in the end as the buyer was being picky about the tracking been out, even though I listed that in the description.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Good call, the BX is a better car.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!