I can't bliddy believe it!

Anything about BXs
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

I can't bliddy believe it!

Post by Paul296 »

Today, me and my BX went to see the stout yeoman that runs the local MOT testing station. I ordered one of his finest foaming MOT pass certificates . . . and got one!!

Well, I did have to grease his palm – but it wasn’t a bribe or anything. There was just NOTHING wrong with my car (actually one of the tyres was a bit rubbish, so I went and bought a new one).

The man who fitted the tyre said; ‘Oo they’re luvly those old Citroens – like ridin’ round in an armchair’ – he’s right of course.

^^ ^^ ^^bx>
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

=D>

Good car that :D
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Well, Shaun did do a bit of welding in the boot a couple of weeks ago - outside his house - in the rain!

top bloke that :D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

R E S U L T ! 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Well done bud.

Andy
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Paul296 wrote:Well, Shaun did do a bit of welding in the boot a couple of weeks ago - outside his house - in the rain!

top bloke that :D
You mean there's another way to do welding? ;)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Great stuff Paul

See you at the National.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Paul296 wrote:
Well, Shaun did do a bit of welding in the boot a couple of weeks ago - outside his house - in the rain!

top bloke that

You mean there's another way to do welding?
There's several other ways - in snow, in ice, in gale force winds.... :lol:
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
B-Hive
BXpert

RWC/MOT for GT mk1 passed today

Post by B-Hive »

I too put the ol Mk1 GT through the hoops today and set forth to get it legal and road worthy.

After 6 years off the road, the she sailed through her inspection with nothing but an an advisory that the battery was loose.. (forgot to secure after replacing the batt). 6 years off the road mean she's a 91 in effect!!

Inspector was trying to find fault and said that the brake pedal was "frozen solid"..I needed to explain thats how all green blood Cits' brakes feel..

Very satisfying (one year on) to have the GT on the road again. She was that close to being a donor car for the old TRS auto but I'm glad I made the decision to save her.. Remarkable car to drive....

Not sure the purists will appreciate what I have done to the car, but it was the only alternative to scrapping it.

Will post photos soon...
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Good stuff! Got any pics?
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

Paul296 wrote:Good stuff! Got any pics?
The paint job is still a work in progress, and she looks cool but tatty right now..So i will post some pics as soon as roof is painted and all panels have had a decent rub back..As for the interior...my aim was to go bad taste grunge to cover the multitude of flaws on the dash..
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

2BXORNOT2BX wrote:
Paul296 wrote:Good stuff! Got any pics?
The paint job is still a work in progress, and she looks cool but tatty right now..So i will post some pics as soon as roof is painted and all panels have had a decent rub back..As for the interior...my aim was to go bad taste grunge to cover the multitude of flaws on the dash..
Matt black :shock: on a GT?

It seems to be the craze over here at the moment too, to paint old cars with blackboard paint and put huge wheels on them and make them into a "rat look" , each to their own, but on something as rare as a GT I know I wouldnt.
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

I knew it would raise some eyebrows..but the paint was original and totally shot with little dents and damages here and there over the body..and I can not justifiy the expense of a metallic re-spray (yet)

..All is ultimately reversible as i have not done the inside doors frames etc. In fact the metallic green against the black looks quite the fit...and its not blackboard paint either as that bruises and stains to easily,,,as for the dash board,,it would have had a stout man running for the hills...

Matt black is not yet a craze over here,, just thought the GT would look cool in the interim ...and for what its worth she does....way better than faded neglected metallic green.

So, if you remember this was strictly going to be a manual conversion donor car for the TRS, ...so if the purists could keep that in mind when critiquing my eventual outcome.....and compare it to being a cube

Roverman wrote:
Matt black :shock: on a GT?

It seems to be the craze over here at the moment too, to paint old cars with blackboard paint and put huge wheels on them and make them into a "rat look" , each to their own, but on something as rare as a GT I know I wouldnt.
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Again, your car to do with as you wish and im pleased of course it hasnt been scrapped. That metallic green is SO rare now, I do hope one day she returns to original but thats your call.

Any pictures? (dare I look lol)

Makes mine rare that way though :wink:
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

the southern sun punishes our cars really badly...however and thankfully not as badly as salted roads that destroy your cars..I know which I'd prefer..The overall freshness and originality of our body shells and other metal components is beyond comparison to the point that corrosion is rarely if ever an issue..
Roverman wrote:Again, your car to do with as you wish and im pleased of course it hasnt been scrapped. That metallic green is SO rare now, I do hope one day she returns to original but thats your call.

Any pictures? (dare I look lol)

Makes mine rare that way though :wink:
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone