Carpet, Black, Front, wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Carpet, Black, Front, wanted

Post by Jaba »

Anyone got a front carpet as mine is soaked in LHM.
Not sure how it happened as I have only just discovered that the carpet is soaked and there are deffo no leaks into the car, although the doseur return hose was leaking a lot a few years back.

Its the one that stretches from one footwell to the other.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

That's quite a strange incident. Are you sure it isn't the heater matrix quietly weeping away? It can leak unseen down the back of the dash.

Another problem is that any 'oily' deposit into the carpet will soak into the insulation which then provides a sponge which is almost impossible to dry out again.

I'm really racking my brain thinking how LHM could get in there because even if the doseur return was leaking, how would it travel through the bulkhead?
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

could it be leaking from the 'storage bins' where the washer bottles are? I had an LHM leak from a spare bottle I keep in there - if there is rust, it could perhaps end up in the footwell ....although leaking oil would stop any further rusting ;-)
Leobx16v
BXpert

Post by Leobx16v »

i have a carpet in good condition also have more items if needed i have made a thread under 16v interior...
1991 Citroen BX 16v - Red
1991 Citroen BX 16v - Silver
1992 Citroen BX 16v - White
1989 Peugeot 205 MI16 - Miami Blue
2002 Peugeot 406 est. HDI110 exec - Dark Blue
2006 Citroen C6 2.7HDi Exclusive - Storm Grey

Scrapped:
G650PGX 1989 ph.2 red BX 16v
G-VOT 1989 ph.1 White BX 16v