BX International Meeting in France 2006

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, seems pretty firmly established for that date, judging from the site. Does that mean there's nothing happening 19/08.06 at LeMans or is the latter something bigger that BXs will form a part of???

I know some French but the site doesn't really give enough info to be sure even where exactly the gathering will take place and if there's a 'programme'... Further investigation required 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

try this jon

The magical power of Babel Fish

It strikes me as just being a club meet!

Does this mean we're going as a club to the actual international? I think Tim2CV has a good idea of the big event as he has something about it as his messenger name!
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

We had better resolve this one, loads of GB Bxs wandering around france perdu! perhaps Oscar could get his lady to check for us?
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Great! looks like free campings too, I am looking forward to that, ferry tickets paid for, jobs list for BX set up, stack of new bits before the summer, is anyone else camping? I am going over on the 13th to have a mooch around and refresh my rusty french.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Jayboy
BXpert

Post by Jayboy »

I have just had an email from the guy organising the August event. It doesn't look as though the venue is finalised yet but there is plenty of interest and there will be a few sportive BX's there.

It looks as though we were light slightly up the wrong path thinking there would be a specific BX devoted event but it should be really good. And yes it is part of EuroCitro

Here's the web site www.citroracing-historique.org
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

The Club Planète BX is not hosting THE international event. They are just organising their own. They had one last year at the same site in Burgundy.

From reading their blurb I can say that they are a bit like our BX Club but MUCH bigger. They claim to have over 5000 subscribers. They have active forums, arrange events, cruises and rallies and probably more. I have not surfed their whole site.

Bourgogne is an attractive part of France. I am in France in May so if I can find something for my wife to occupy herself with for a day or two then I will join in their fun. It would be nice to have a few Brits there as well.

As and when I delve more into their site I will post further to clarify exactly what is on offer. Image
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Ricky5

Post by Ricky5 »

As an Englishman living here in France send me the French transcript and we (my wife and I) will return a perfect translation

Rick
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

I used Babelfish and got instant translation, it even did the links.
Stewart
Link here
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

This meet at Dornes is definitely going ahead on Sat/Sun May27/28th.

There is camping and this being France meals are provided too for a small charge. On Sunday afternoon there is a 2 hour guided visit to the Magny Cours racetrack. Sadly you will not drive round the racetrack though.

There are some pics from last years event here.......... http://bxworld.free.fr/club2/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=72

The booking form must be sent by April 30th and can be printed from here http://bxworld.free.fr/ancclub/bulletindornes2006.htm].......

I am planning to visit on the Sunday. Anyone else interested ??
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.