Roof Bars

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Preacher
Confirmed BX'er

Roof Bars

Post by Preacher »

Cant remember seeing any recently however I seem to recall somebody previously selling roof bars. Am looking for a set of roof bars for a '92 K plate hatch, do they exist or are they something from my imagination??
1992 BX16 TXS - NOW back on the road
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I have a set which should be available from next week. :)
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

Me too , freebie ones , I'll check in the garage later

Mark
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Roof Bars

Post by RxBX »

Preacher wrote:Cant remember seeing any recently however I seem to recall somebody previously selling roof bars. Am looking for a set of roof bars for a '92 K plate hatch, do they exist or are they something from my imagination??
Were you thinking/imagining something possibly like this ?

I'm sure Ken or Mark will help you out !

:lol:

ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

The owner was probably thinking about his next cruise :lol:

RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Roof Bars

Post by RxBX »

Preacher wrote:Cant remember seeing any recently however I seem to recall somebody previously selling roof bars. Am looking for a set of roof bars for a '92 K plate hatch, do they exist or are they something from my imagination??
Has Ken or Mark, sorted a set out for you ?

If not, I've spotted some For Sale on E-BAY !

:)

Preacher
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Preacher »

Sorry not answered earlier for some reason emails werent coming through from bx club. As to the white bx, are the style i had in mind minus what appears to be pallets?
Will double ckeck e-bay. Dont want to pay much as will only be used couple times a year.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

I'm also looking for a set, i DO remember someone selling some a while ago on here but can't remember what happened with them. I'd prefer the type in the ebay ad above rather than the ones on that white one up there ^.
I have zero patience for your tedium.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Preacher wrote:Sorry not answered earlier for some reason emails werent coming through from bx club. As to the white bx, are the style i had in mind minus what appears to be pallets?
Will double check e-bay. Dont want to pay much as will only be used couple times a year.
You may struggle to get something like that as they look a one off 'Bespoke' type to me !

:idea: so if may I suggest, you source an old single bed 'Angle Iron bed-frame' remove the lattice base/springs and adapt onto the standard OE/Thule type one (Like Philip recently purchased) which then would be more suited for furniture removals/transportation, just make sure you don't overload the recommended max. roof-bar weight (My XM ones are 75kg's I don't know what BX ones are as I've never had any) :lol: :-
Philip Chidlow wrote:Bought a Thule roof rack the other day - (£4.99 off eBay!) - and just as well; I have some furniture to move about this weekend. So, the Red Baron gets to sport my genuine BX accessorie Thule roof bars too. I was contemplating having the rack fitted for the Challenge to cart some fuel and an extra spare... but it makes so much wind noise above 60 that I don't think I'll bother :lol:

Anyway, some pics, seeing as it was nice and sunny...

The /\ quote/photo's from THIS thread for ref. !

:D

Preacher
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Preacher »

ken newbold wrote:The owner was probably thinking about his next cruise :lol:

Thanks Ken however don't have the timwe due to work commitments but dont let me stop anyone who has...