in a quandary

Anything about BXs
B-Hive
BXpert

in a quandary

Post by B-Hive »

Right now in Australia we have two BX Mk1 16TRS auto for sale... mechanically they both need some work, but not too much for the home mechanic....nobody wants them here... one is up for grabs for $300 or less..the other for $1000 but will prob end up going if at all for about
$400....

I have no time nor resources but would love to grab them both,,as otherwise they will be cubed...I think its a crying shame as these cars are very straight and TOTALLY rust free and dry, the sort of holy grail I think you guys would love to have there up north..

I know the auto 16's aren't the greatest drive but at worst could be easily converted to manuals...I know its practicably unsound to export back to Europe,,but I just thought I'd inform you all of what comes up for sale down here in terms of BX's...In fact all BX's that come up for sale here seem to be almost pristine (at least in terms of body and interior) compared to what you guys seem to need to settle for..
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

On my trips to Australia I found that Citroens were very few and far between, do you not have a club there?
Wooscary
BXpert

Post by Wooscary »

Certainly not for me, but out of interest, what kind of cost and processes are involved in transporting a vehicle that kind of distance?
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Just done a quick Google, the cost to ship a saloon car to Oz from here is a little over £1000, i suspect it will be similar the other way round. Then there's delivery costs to your location plus possible taxes.

Certainly not worth it for a BX it but possible so if its a 1930's Bentley blower.

Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Not right now, but maybe in a few years it will be the only way to get an unrusty MK1 BX, the amount of 60's British Stuff coming back from the US is increasing as they have all rotted away here or too much money.

If you could get a nice rot free Mk1 delivered to your door for £1500 I would say its worth it.

Thankfully I already have one :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
dyates2

mk1's in oz

Post by dyates2 »

hi. i was wondering which State they were in?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Gibbo2286 wrote:On my trips to Australia I found that Citroens were very few and far between, do you not have a club there?
Aussiefrogs is the place to get Citroen advice. This was the 'home' of the late Alan Smith who once was a regular poster here too. 8) :

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/index.php
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

The cost of exporting vehicles to Oz isn't only the shipping, they have a hell of a high rate of import duty, I was thinking of going into business shipping classic Jags and BMWs after a friend from Brisbane came over here and reckoned we could buy them here and treble the price over there.

When we looked more closely into it we found that the Oz taxman wanted 70% import duty on them. I'd guess that if it's still in the same range the UK taxman will probably charge something similar as tax rates between countries tend to be reciprocal.