CCC EAST MIDLANDS GROUP MONTHLY GATHERING 15th JAN 2012

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

CCC EAST MIDLANDS GROUP MONTHLY GATHERING 15th JAN 2012

Post by Tim Leech »

The next meeting for the East Midlands Group is on the 15th January for the Sunday Carvery and a chat afterwards.

We'll be meeting again at our new location of The Farmers in Yaxley and they have a dedicated area for us and do a very good Sunday Carvery too. Having experienced the carvery last time,

Address is: 200 Broadway, Yaxley, Peterborough PE7 3NT

http://www.thefarmersyaxley.co.uk
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Working, as per usual.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Im not for once! :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Well a very pleasent day out, asides the rather price £9.95 for a rather average carvery, but asides the weather being cold it was a lovely drive, I took the scenice route through the countryside from Hinckley after viewing the 19RD to Peterborough.

Lots of people out in bikes (in rather silly clothing), walkers and horseriders, but very few cars, the TZD drove spot on, whether it was the cold air but it seemed far more perkier today and I even got a couple of wheelspins :lol:.

Sadly only 3 BX's, Pauls 17TGD now looking very well pampered, Alan Wells rather tatty 16v and my by now very mucky 19TZD, although I do detect a very slight "rumble" from the osf wheel, which may be a bearing so that will need further investigation. :roll:

Franklin Rugg brought along lots of Citroen promotional items to look at it/read, price lists, trim swatches and dealer adverts which was mostly all BX related 8) . Sadly as they were the property of Roger Bradford they arent for sale as they were left to him.

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

A modest turn out, but no less enjoyable for all that. There was a small drama this morning when I came to turn the TGD over as the battery was completely flat. The car was parked so that I couldn't get jump leads on and so had no alternative but to call a man who can in a yellow van. It looks like the battery is 'near the end of it's useful life'; it passed the AA mans test - but only just - new one next week I think. Apart from that it didn't miss a beat, although I'm not sure the timing is all it could be; fuel consumption could be a bit more frugal.

I didn't sample the delights of the carvery but had the best and most expensive ham and cheese sandwich I have ever consumed. Franklin (Rugg) brought along some very interesting Citroen trim and marketing material issued to dealers in the late 80's. The meeting ended with us all having to stand on Tims chest and prize them out of his hands while he mumbled the words 'Citroen BX' in a strange sort of daze! :D

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

What, and between the lot of you, instead of sittting around stuffing your face's you coulden't have taken the tow bar off of Pauls car while you were there. [-X :lol: :lol:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!