1987 BX 19RD

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ruben

1987 BX 19RD

Post by ruben »

As I mentioned in the gallery the time has come that I have to sell my BX.

I have absolutely loved owning this but unfortunately it just doesn't meet my needs any more.

Taxed until the end of March and MOT'd until April 6th. Mileage is approx. 124,000 (will double check this in half an hour and edit to correct it to exact).

The first thing I would mention is an occasional rubbing / knocking noise coming from somewhere around the nearside wheel arch, this is recent and I haven't had it looked at.

Loads and loads of paperwork, the first owner was apparently an engineer and serviced the vehicle himself for 19 years, then the guy I bought it from had it briefly (he bought it as it was too good to let someone else have but soon realised it was no use for what he needed a car for). Since I have owned it it has had work done by Rignall
Garage and more recently (for the last few years) Rob Moss at Chevronics has taken care of it.

Last March it had a new timing belt, replacement front spheres and osf steering rack gaiter.

Sunroof was leaking when I first got it so I just taped it up with black tape, could do with doing again to tidy it up.

Also the drivers seat is well worn but my girlfriend has done a reasonable job of sewing it up with grey wool :)

That's all I can think of for now.

These pics were taken a few years ago but I think they are a fair representation of how the car looks now, I will take new pics tomorrow when I have room on the driveway to move it about.

I am in Aldbury (Nr Tring) HP23 5RR.

Feel free to ask any questions but as you might remember from my few previous posts my knowledge of cars it limited to say the least but I will do my best.

I am going to be 100% honest and say I don't really have any idea what this BX is worth now so I am basically open to offers (mods if this requires a firm price please let me know and I will have to come up with something).

Thanks...

Can contact me (Tom) via PM on here, thomasedlin@gmail.com or 07912 948388
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Tom, time and funds permitting I think it would be worth you putting it through an mot, then at least you and any prospective buyer would know what needs doing to it and if it passes that would certainly up the value of it
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
ruben

Post by ruben »

Thanks for the advise and if the situation was different I would agree, however, I don't have the time or the money to hold on to this for any longer than is necessary :)
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

ok , I totally understand,
can you give me a ball park figure of what you would like for the car ( by p.m. if you prefer),
depending on what it needs for an mot, this could either turn out to be a good reasonably priced BX or a very expensive splitter :lol:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Go on Mick, you need the splitter.

Andy

and keep a wonderful motor on the road!
A
ruben

Post by ruben »

Exact mileage is 124958.

Also need to mention that there are currently no wheel trims on the car, I originally had 3 and then 2 went for a walk so I removed the last one. I bought 4 spanking unused ones from Jayboy on here but never got around to fitting them so I have offered them back to him.

No interest as yet and this has to go soon.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

So here we have a diesel BX with a couple of minor issues (and probably needing one or two more things admittedly), with drive-away tax and ticket with low -ish mileage for a car of that age, in good cosmetic order (bar wheel trims, but, meh), with history (some recently with Rob Moss, which is generally a good sign!)... for 'get-rid-of-quick' money... (might be a good idea to share an idea of price on here?)

And nobody's taken it on?!!?? :shock:

You can't all be as broke as me. (I would if I could!)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

"offers" = no sale, generally...
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
ruben

Post by ruben »

Yeah that's fair enough - genuinely had no idea what to ask for it.

Had a few pm's now and I am happy to let it go for £200, will wait for a reply from the first guy that messaged and then update the thread.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

£200! BARGAIN!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

Could somone buy it for us. Then ill pay weekly. Ive asked him if i could give him some mony a week. Cos i get paid weekly.
But he wants rid this weekend. But i need to save up. And get things sorted.
Thanks
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
ruben

Post by ruben »

Sorry jacksun mate it's sold now.
jacksun1987
BXpert

Post by jacksun1987 »

Ok thanks np Worth a try
PAUL JACKSON
1991 h reg 1.7tzd hatch in black 159.000 miles had
1992 k reg 1.7 txd hatch in red 179. 000 miles had
Renaul laguna exspessin 02 plate 1.8 16v 75 k had
cosa 1.2 brezze 150 k had
406 glx 1.9 td 170k s reg white got
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

only just caught up with this,
still have to get shot of the golf which is why I haden't replied to your pm yet,
glad to hear its got a new home
1991 BX Meteor 1.6