Breaking TZD Turbo

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Breaking TZD Turbo

Post by Tim Leech »

From Franklin Rugg

As mentioned yesterday we got that TZD Turbo delivered today. Dad said to give you some details of it in case you knew someone wanting a bit of a project etc.
It's a H Reg TZD Turbo Blue and finished in Memphis Black Leather Interior (although we are keeping the seats!).
Generally it's a solid car, however got some rust on N/S/R Door, the sills are a bit crusty and the N/S/F Wing has got poor paint.
It starts well and has lots of service history (has done 158,000 Miles). Been stood off the road for a number of years and thus needs going through. Think it's got a slight leak from a return pipe.
Got those nice design alloys, splitter and sunroof deflector too.
It's better than a scrap car but price is £300 without the seats.

This car also has factory alloys (not speedlines) shame about the leather though

Pics to follow
Last edited by Tim Leech on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

So if you have £300 and a spare interior this could be for you?

Its a bit crusty in places but as we know they are getting scarce now

Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

300 quid with the leather interior (or even any interior) might be OK, but I'd want a few quid knocked off if I had to source my own velour. And that's assuming there aren't any unpleasant surprises on closer inspection; 'off the road for a few years' = there could well be. No mention of T&T either?

Nice rare colour though and the factory alloys make it attractive too - assuming they're in nice nick as those unpainted aluminium ones look like a right pig to refurb. If someone had a punt at 250 quid - fair dos.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Been stood for a few years so no tax or test and no interior??? One thinks one is being a little optimistic.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

afraid I have to agree, I know mines petrol and had a few issues (dont they all ) but I only paid £250 for mine with a years mot and seats,

this one also has twin electrics on the tow bar so may well have regularly towed a caravan. Not sure if thats a goid or bad thing
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I have told them they are being rather optimistic, but after all they are classic car traders and it was bought for the interior so probably worth more in parts. Shame though but thats the way it goes.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I have a slightly scruffy 16v interior, free to anyone who wants to buy this car. Don't blame him for keeping the leather.

Leather is worth £150-£200 on its own these days.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Matt H wrote:I have a slightly scruffy 16v interior, free to anyone who wants to buy this car. Don't blame him for keeping the leather.

Leather is worth £150-£200 on its own these days.
Thats very generous of you Matt, it would go with the rest of the car which is to be honest quite scruffy. :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Now being broken due to more rust than originally anticipated, all parts available asides wheels and front splitter (already sold)

Sunroof deflector in good condition etc.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Still looking for air intake pipe, and if bottom radiator hose is reasonable, I'll snag that as well please!

Tim, if not you, who do I contact for these please? If Franklin, can do that via CCC. Thanks
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Mate

I will pm you his number, he will also be at the "X"
Citroening
BXpert

Post by Citroening »

Caffiend wrote:Tim, if not you, who do I contact for these please? If Franklin, can do that via CCC. Thanks
PM Sent, Caffiend.

If anyone needs anything, PM me or email me on franklin AT citroencarclub DOT org DOT uk

The decision was made to break this due to the copious amounts of rust found upon further inspection...

As Tim said, I can bring parts to the X Rally if needed...

Cheers.