Before the nagging starts, yes there will be pictures, many many pictures. But they will be dirty; and possible wet. I'm not sure what the weather is forecast to do and I don't have time to clean it
Because we are now moving house in mid June to a rent free arrangement (looking after a late family members house, until eldest son retires and lives there) and renting ou rhouse out, the poor GT will have to suffer a council garage for a while (the council have considered selling it...) but there is scope for improvement there if all goes to plan.
One of the conditions of me having been allowed to buy it was that I didn't play with it until after my exams. 1st exam this Monday, last exam 1st June.
- 1. Bloody good clean and polish, see if I can bring the bumpers back to life, if not i'll have to paint them. Also have a really good look over for any signs of rust or imperfections and cure as necessary.
2. Cambelt, will definitely need replacing after 9 or so years of storage!
3. Complete service, HP belt, ancillary belt, air/oil/fuel filters, plugs/leads/dizzy cap/rotor arm/coil (possibly), oil change, coolant change and flush, change spheres (supplied), clean LHM filters and tank, replace LHM with hydraflush (to be replaced with LHM after ICCCR) and change gearbox oil.
4. Get new tyres (supplied) mounted on wheels (not necessary until MOT time).
5. Replace rear wing glass inserts (new - supplied *smug*).
6. Check all bulbs and replace if necessary. Replace conventional headlight bulbs with yellow ones.
7. Clean interior, hoover and dash cleaner also clean the seats with fabric cleaner stuff.
8. Fit any supplied accessories (headlamp protectors, sunroof air deflector etc).
9. Polish and wax.
10. Find and fit yellow fog lamps, has white ones currently.
11. Find alternative wheels, either metric alloys or Pilot/P1 GTI style trims.
12. Fit pressed aluminium style number plates (the legal ones).
13. Perhaps find a suitably retro CD player, or stock up on cassettes!
14. Check for any oil/LHM/fuel leaks after having been run a few times.
15. Replace the brakes.
For sale page http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15713