19TZD Hatch Hundreds Spent!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

19TZD Hatch Hundreds Spent!

Post by Tim Leech »

When I return from the Challange I will be looking to sell my 19TZD to recoup some of the money ive spent on it and the challenge itself.

You may recall I purchased it last year as an MOT failiure, needing an exhaust and wishbone bushes. Well since then its been a bit of a money pit! However now shes in fine fettle and should make someone a good motor.

On the plus side before me it one father/daughter owner and has MASSES of service history, including head gasket, cambelts, pipes etc and starts on the button and very drives well.

What I've Had done in the last 8 months and 2000 miles

New heavy duty diesel battery.

Cambelt, water pump and tensioner (Gates Belt Kit)

New Valeo Clutch, replacement gearbox (idler bearings noisy) and new gear oil.

2 Oil Changes using Genuine Filters and Semi Synth Oil

Cooland change and flush

Air filter Change

COMPLETE
new exhaust inc front pipe and genuine Citroen rear box.

Two NEW front tyres (fitted today)

New Headlamps

NS Wishbone Bushes

Alternator and HP Belts

New Amtex Rear Spheres and arm bearings.

Bodywise the car is tidy, it had rust issues in the boot floor and inner wing which have now been welded up, it wont win any concourse but looks good, but has a few parking dings and scratches but is away above average condition for it age.

Being a 19TZD its a 1.9D 71bhp NON turbo, has electric windows all round (with one touch drivers), remote locking with fob and two keys, electric sunroof, passenger mirror, lovely grey Zenith Velour, CD radio with 6 speakers, power steering etc. (no abs).

The car is finished in very shiny Venetian Red wiith the two tone bumpers, mudlaps all round and Citroen front rubber mats.

There is a genuine towbar fitted but I removed the electrics as they were damaged.

I have taxed it today for 6 months which cost £120! which I will include if the £750 is paid.

My co-driver George has experessed an interest in the car but I doubt he can afford it so any interested parties please let me know.

Mileage will be 125'000 by the time I return from France.

MOT 15/09/2012

£750 ono which doesnt even cover what I've spent on it! lol
Last edited by Tim Leech on Thu May 03, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I thought a sale had been agreed to someone down in Kent? Or did that fall through?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

mat_fenwick wrote:I thought a sale had been agreed to someone down in Kent? Or did that fall through?
Charlotte Semark had expressed an interest but she was given a Peugeot FOC so didnt go through with it.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That's a good BX for the money. If I could afford it, I'd get it as a complementary BX to the Red Baron. :) The French trip will do it some good too: The Green Hornet's suspension was never better following the Alpine twisty stuff.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Philip Chidlow wrote:That's a good BX for the money. If I could afford it, I'd get it as a complementary BX to the Red Baron. :) The French trip will do it some good too: The Green Hornet's suspension was never better following the Alpine twisty stuff.
Quite agree Phil, its only done short journeys recently and a through shake down should do it good!

If money was no object I would keep her, as all the usual BX problems are all sorted now, but having spend over £1000 on this car I need to get some back.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Sounds like a very fair price to me considering all the work that you've done on the car, should get a sale no probs :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Swap for a Mk1 estate? You'd get all of the DTR's old panels back! :P
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Dollywobbler wrote:Swap for a Mk1 estate? You'd get all of the DTR's old panels back! :P
Thanks Ian, I am tempted but I can't afford to by your rd and spend the kind of cash I wound getting upto my standards lol!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Roverman wrote:
Dollywobbler wrote:Swap for a Mk1 estate? You'd get all of the DTR's old panels back! :P
Thanks Ian, I am tempted but I can't afford to by your rd and spend the kind of cash I wound getting upto my standards lol!
You'd have to sell a lot of Volkswagens its true!
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

What this MK1 estate needs is a session in a body shop. Full strip down inside and out. Engine and all ancillaries refurbed and overhauled. Full respray and interior re-done. If I had the spare cash I would take it on in a heartbeat. It will be a lovely and rare car when done. I hope it gets the TLC it truly deserves. :D ^^bx>
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Re: 19TZD Hatch Hundreds Spent!

Post by Tim Leech »

SOLD.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I'm sure Jorge will look after it. Hopefully see it again at the Northern. A £250 car saved, pampered and taken on a 2500 mile epic adventure through Europe, deserves to have a novella written about it. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

It wont be at the Northern though, probably at a few 2cv rallies towing a trailer?
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

mds141 wrote: , deserves to have a novella written about it. :)
The little red BX turbo diesel sighed as the teeming rain ran from his scratched and faded paintwork.'Zee next stop pour moi', he sighed, 'will undoubtedly be zee scrappers. I am on sale for 250 English pounds and still no one has shown any interest; such a humiliation!' He thought of when he was new and shining; he and all the other BXs had rolled proudly off the production line as the Citroen engineers chatted feverishly about existential philosophy and post-structuralism whilst listening to Johnny Hallyday records; How marvellous it had all seemed! Tears fell from his chipped and broken headlamps, lost in the unending downpour. Just then, a funny little man appeared; he had hardly any hair and little round glasses, but a kindly face (if you like that sort of thing), he smiled at the little red turbo diesel and reaching into his pocket produced his wallet; it was stuffed with more money than you can possibly imagine. 'Sacre bleu!' thought the little red turbo diesel. 'Perhaps my luck is about to change!?'

To be cont.

:D
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Paul296 wrote:
mds141 wrote: , deserves to have a novella written about it. :)
The little red BX turbo diesel sighed as the teeming rain ran from his scratched and faded paintwork.'Zee next stop pour moi', he sighed, 'will undoubtedly be zee scrappers. I am on sale for 250 English pounds and still no one has shown any interest; such a humiliation!' He thought of when he was new and shining; he and all the other BXs had rolled proudly off the production line as the Citroën engineers chatted feverishly about existential philosophy and post-structuralism whilst listening to Johnny Hallyday records; How marvellous it had all seemed! Tears fell from his chipped and broken headlamps, lost in the unending downpour. Just then, a funny little man appeared; he had hardly any hair and little round glasses, but a kindly face (if you like that sort of thing), he smiled at the little red turbo diesel and reaching into his pocket produced his wallet; it was stuffed with more money than you can possibly imagine. 'Sacre bleu!' thought the little red turbo diesel. 'Perhaps my luck is about to change!?'

To be cont.

:D

Erm its not a turbo diesel, and I have plenty of hair thank you! :roll: