@@~!&*^E$( - need a bumper and a wing

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
scooters
Confirmed BX'er

@@~!&*^E$( - need a bumper and a wing

Post by scooters »

Well, due to a lack of time my BX has seen little use in 6 months so when a mate's car had a terminal big end faliure and he couldn't get to work I decided to lend him the BX until he was sorted.

This has turned into a disaster - daily calls - yesterdays about fuel consumption - I put a fiver in and only get 15 miles!!!! - er well that's 21mpg round town which isn't bad for a 1.6 twin chimney carbed car driven hard round town.

Anyroad, was out today in the pishing rain when I got a call - "er sorry about this mate but I smashed the car yesterday and have ripped the front nearside wing and destoyed the bumper and nearside indicator"

Flipping cheesed off about this - evidence is he's been driving like a f*&()Y&* idiot and the damage looks like a lorry bumper or a bollard.

Car isn't drivable as the metal is ripped and razor sharp, will need to be ground back. Plod would pull himthe moment he drove anywhere.

OK so my options are:

1/weld the wing - difficult to do as it is the geometric front end which gives the BX it's distinctive look - if you are 0.111mmm out it will look utter c0ck
2/ scrap the car - I have nowhere to store it at the moment off the road
3/ park it up at my house and try and source a replacement wing and bumper.

OK so does anyone have the following:
car is a grey BX 16 Meteor I need:
1/ a near side wing for a Mk2 -
2/ a grey bumper for a Tdz, Meteor or Gti
3/ a clear nearside indicator unit

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

not happy about this - accidents happen and all but some folk seem to have them more than others - oh well - lesson learned!
1991 BX16 TGS Meteor (arriving soon)
1996 306 TD
1997 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Quadcam
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Its a real pain when mates bugger up your motor. I hope he is going to pay for all the repairs. Good luck with finding all the bits, it would be a shame to scrap her.
Dont lend her to anyone again, as it isnt theirs, they dont treat them with the respect they deserve.

Andy
scooters
Confirmed BX'er

Post by scooters »

have to say I ampretty cheesed off - the chap is the grandfather of one of my boy's school mates and his car died and he couldn't get to work. It was to help him out - I did explain to him that the excess was £500 on the policy and be very careful where you park it - how you drive it etc.,..wich I'd given him my Vitty Turbo or Scooby Legacy now! The BX was the most mechanically robust out of all of them and only last month completed 1300 miles of driving round the highlands over 3 days on all sorts of roads from motorways to forestry tracks - the car didn't miss a beat the whole way and returned an impressive 36mpg given I was going some

oh well - lesson learned :cry:
1991 BX16 TGS Meteor (arriving soon)
1996 306 TD
1997 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Quadcam
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

500 quid excess, wow, he does owe you. I suggest you get him to pay for all the parts, a decent guy would do that. Why should you suffer because of his stupidity?
And never never again lend it to anyone, i wont lend any of my fleet of BXs to my mates. Pickup occasionally, but not the BXs.
As i said before, good luck.

andy
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

As others have discovered on Autoshite, DO NOT lend cars to friends!

I might have an indicator unit in my spares pile. Let me know if you need me to have a rummage.
Oilyspanner
BXpert

Post by Oilyspanner »

I have a nearside wing in the garage, straight white some light surface rust.they are pretty quick to swap over. I dont like lending vehicles to anyone, we all have different ideas about how to drive them, I would be so bloody angry.
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

bloody hell , the curse of the dark grey meteor strikes again.

You May be able to get you all the parts you need from one source in the right colour and with the meteor stripe from the car in Brighton.

or then theres Brians one in Loughborough for the wing ( caffiend had the bumper ).let me know if you want me to contact him for you (hopefully he still has it , he did last week ) its just the logistics of gettimg it from him to you.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Mickey taker wrote:( caffiend had the bumper )
She did, but is saving up to have it sprayed the right colour and fitted.

So, it's currently sat in my spare room. If you can get a front bumper of another colour in good nick, as the one I've got is (couple surface scratches, no cracks etc), I'm happy to do a swap.

Sorry to hear about the mishap, surely the borrower was driving on his own insurance?!
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I wish I had somewhere and the money so that I could buy up all the broken BX's and store the parts for you guys.

Milton Keynes being the centre of the civilized world as we know it would be the ideal location :lol:
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

if you don't make a claim on your insurance for your cars damage you dont pay the excess,

also as others have said who's insurance was your mate covered by,

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)