Goodbye Green Tiger

Anything about BXs
Sathos

Goodbye Green Tiger

Post by Sathos »

Just thought I would share with you all the magic that has brought me here in the first place.

Some of you may be familiar with a car that Ian used to own nicknamed "Green Tiger", oddly enough due to it's green tigerstripes,
a white 1.9 Mk2 estate that he passed on which pottered around the midlands before heading south, the heading south is where
I met her.

She was in the hands of my good friend Glenn who offered to run me and my lady to Birmingham and back from Ramsgate where
we all live so that I could get my new dog, a beautiful 1yr old Czechoslovakian Wolfdog called Miska. Despite my reservations
about this battered looking 'antique' I was surprised at how comfy she was on some local shopping trips...made all the clearer
given the state of our local roads and the number of speedbumps.

So we setoff for brum, long story short we had a very comfortable, uneventful drive. Aside from topping up the fuel and making sure
a slow puncture was pumped before we left we did the journey with a few stops both ways and all had a great time.
This amazing car did Ramsgate to Birmingham and back on a single tank of fuel, around 45-50mpg in her condition and with nothing
special done to her before the trip, I'm sure you can appreciate how amazing this is especially compared to a lot newer cars.

Glen fell on hard times, lack of work and so on so had to drop his insurance and we agreed to house 'Bex' on our driveway to keep
her from being cubed so she could have a bearing sorted etc, things sadly got a bit worse for Glenn and he was going to have to give
her up. I offered but Glenn had promised Ian first refusal on his car and much to my disappointment Ian wanted her and was willing
to get her dragged to Wales.

He takes delivery of her today, she will be in good hands but now I must have one...I haven't even got my licence yet but I must have one
and Ian sent me here to get acquainted with you all and as a good step towards getting my own.

Given my poor physical condition I instantly fell in love with the comfort of the BX, add the fact that she brought me home with
my wolf and what choice do I have, I have been given a special connection with a car I cannot have so the next best thing is
getting another one and looking after her :)

This is who the car united me with and nothing else will do to drive him and our other dog around :)
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: Goodbye Green Tiger

Post by Dollywobbler »

Howdy! Nice wolf. Glad the BX provided good service. About two hours to go until I'm re-united with her...
Sathos

Post by Sathos »

I know you will give her the care she needs, she couldn't be in better hands :)
Mistah G

Post by Mistah G »

Nice intro Gruff :)

Yan, did you get the tuft of wolf hair tied up with a bit of plastic from a cigarette filter pack? I thought it would be pertinent since the car came to you smelling of rollups and wolf :D

For the record, I miss BeX millions and am very much looking forward to BX ownership again one day.

Good luck with your quest Gaz!

Luv Gx
1991 BX TGD estate - The Green Tiger