Rear suspension cylinder wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ghaddon1701
BXpert

Rear suspension cylinder wanted

Post by ghaddon1701 »

Hi,
I need a rear suspension cylinder for a hatchback BX please. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Regards Graham
pwykes
Confirmed BX'er

Re: Rear suspension cylinder wanted

Post by pwykes »

Hi.

Just converted my bx 1.9 rd estate using xantia cylinders.The ones i have taken off had an internal bore of 37 mm.The ones fitted had an internal bore of 35 mm, but it works ok.I believe 35mm is the correct size for the hatchback.info can be found on website.There are two NON hydtractive cylinders left on Ebay priced £82 + £6 delivery.

Cheers Phil.
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Rear suspension cylinder wanted

Post by RxBX »

ghaddon1701 wrote:Hi,
I need a rear suspension cylinder for a hatchback BX please. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Regards Graham
Hi Graham, I thought you'd got fixed up ?
ghaddon1701 wrote:I have managed to locate a second hand cylinder from a Citroën breakers in Billericay. Very helpful people. The phone number is: 01277 651 486 if anbody needs any second hand bits. Thanks.

Regards Graham
The above quote from THIS thread (for ref.) !

Phil, as can be seen from the thread in the link above to Graham other posting all the info is there including 'rmatilla' comprehensive MACHINING method !

So if Graham's got let down (Indeed if its for the same BX as he may have more than one) and as his is also an Estate and you stated "The ones I have taken off" which I read as you changed both ?

:idea: If only one of yours had failed and the other side is fine, offer it F/S to Graham, to help towards recovering some of your costs (its just a thought) !

The E-Bay XANTIA ones :wink: