19RD ESTATE NEEDS A NEW HOME (SWINDON)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

19RD ESTATE NEEDS A NEW HOME (SWINDON)

Post by Tim Leech »

Email sent to bxtim@citroencarclub.org.uk

Not sure if you know of my scribblings and books, anyway, I have a BX diesel 1.9 non turbo estate in nice, original patina condition that has been my daily driver for the last year with minimal trouble. I have been everywhere in it - blasts along and runs nicely on Sheel opitmax diesel. No smoke and the engine 'pings' ' like a clean 1.9 d should. Oh regular fresh LHM and many new pipes and pump bits in last 5 years.

It needs to go - might you like it?

The MOT has run out and she is sorn status. All i am looking for a £150 - what the scrapper might give.

She has nice rust free panels and working bits and a nice interior - engine top end rebuilt 30k ago and suspension pipe lines done in the past. The car is on a G and has a full massive history file of thousands spent by a late family friend of mine.

The real issue was a very minor electrical moemnt with some flames - weeks ago. she still starts and runs but some wiring is gone and a red electrics light glows upon the dashboard.

If you or anyone you know wants to trailer her way from Swindon wiltshire or fix the wiring and run on trade plates, please shout afore she goes to the scapper.

All parts such as headlamps, light lenses, glass, seats, trims, door skins, all good. She's only really going due lack of space and my bad back.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: 19RD ESTATE NEEDS A NEW HOME

Post by Dollywobbler »

Ah, you got that email as well? ;)

Sadly I've got enough diesel BX estates at the moment.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Re: 19RD ESTATE NEEDS A NEW HOME (SWINDON)

Post by Tim Leech »

Seems a good buy for someone and a fair price? Ive requested more info and pictures.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

If i had space to sort it out and it wasn't a million miles away i'd probably be all over that :roll:
I have zero patience for your tedium.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

But he said 'FLAMES' so its been on fire??
Good for the bits though but a tad far away for me.
Andy
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

If it starts and drives it cant be that bad..
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Well, it can if the wiring loom is seriously fubar'd. Could be a real headache. Could be a good source of parts though. Would be a shame if it just got baled. Too far away from me too sadly.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

chop in a piece of loom from one of those scrappers Paul mentioned , might want a new alternator as well

"and a red electrics light glows upon the dashboard".
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Wiring damage was around starter solenoid and easy fix Im told, looks to be sold too now. =D>
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I had a Wartburg do that - it was an internal short in the solenoid that melted the wiring.

If the charging light is on, it may have fried the diode pack on the alternator - a cheap and easy fix, depending on which make it is.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!